1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

problems with server

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by chetfiller, Dec 7, 2015.

1. chetfiller

chetfiller Newbie

I'm the tech support for a group of users in an Exchange/Outlook 2003 environment. I do not manage the Exchange server. Some of them are experiencing the following problem.

The user has a bunch of recurring meetings scheduled. Occasionally, an instance of that meeting will disappear from her Calendar, but not the calendar of the attendees. She is the organizer of these meetings. She sometimes updates the meetings with agenda items and other information, which I heard can cause this sort of problem to happen sometimes, however I was hoping to find some sort of work-around, apart from having her create new meetings.

Blackberries are involved, however they are set so that "Mailbox wins" and theoretically should not remove anything off of the Exchange server.

Any ideas? Google and Microsoft aren't being much help for me.

2. ps355528

ps355528 Active member

it sounds more like an outlook bug rather than a server problem.. perhaps when the user thinks they are saving updated details they are only saving a draft and not actually updating the full calendar ??

something to consider anyway

3. rainLana

rainLana Newbie

Although exchange has inbuilt powershell commands to repair and export exchange mailboxes into pst file but you can automated the both process through an exchange recovery tool. The app is also required whenever edb file is offline or dismounted or exchange server is no longer available. As per as my case, I will suggest you to go with same application ( EDB Converter ) that has repair, recovery and conversion functions. http://www.edb.viewertool.com/