1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with Special Feature Disks

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by dipsy, Feb 14, 2005.

1. dipsy

dipsy Member

Hi there,

I have been trying to burn my special feature discs (real favorite of the kids, so I would like to use copies for their use). The problem is that even though it says that the copy was successful, it will not let them play the games that are featured on the discs. I have tried to copy the special features of both the first and last Harry Potter discs with no luck. Any ideas anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks a Bunch,
    Dipsy

2. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

dipsy--
    What program do you use to copy? My first thought is that it must be the media--especially if it says the copy was successful--what brand disk are you using?

Whitfield

3. dipsy

dipsy Member

I use 1click along with either dvd43 or anydvd to decrypt. And I've used sony, maxell, and verbatim media with all the results seeming to be the same. The discs will play but the game-like features just don't work. I've got some ritek's & Taiyo Yuden's on the way, though, so I'll try those if you still think that media is the problem.

4. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Hi dipsy--
    Well now you have got me stumped--I kinda doubt it is the media if you have already tried good brands--I also copied all the Harry Potter movies, but my kids are not as lucky as yours--cause I didn't do the "special features" disks--hehe--I still have the originals somewhere if I can find them--But, just for the heck of it, why not try the newest version of DVD Decrypter (It is free and available here)--I always use the ISO read then ISO Write, and if I have problems with that I use another method--most times also have to use DVD Shrink if the disk has more than 4.38GB material, but I doubt the "special effects' disk does--If you need help using these programs, come on back and I'll be happy to get you step by step directions--Good Luck!

Whitfield

5. dipsy

dipsy Member

Hey there,
    I already have DVD decryptor downloaded, but wasn't really able to figure out how to use it with 1click (I like that program b/c it's so easy & I'm kind of a computer idiot). Anyway, I'll give decryptor a try. Can I use it alone or with 1click?

6. Whitfield

Whitfield Regular member

Just use it by itself--not with 1 click--ISO Read then ISO Write--Here is a link that has detailed info to help---http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/tutorial007.html