1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with TMPGEnc!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by laidlaw, Mar 21, 2005.

1. laidlaw

laidlaw Member

ok, i have been reading many guides and I can still not figure out why TMPGEnc is not working for me. Every time i try and open a movie using the browse button it comes up with error message saying

"The file you have selected is unsupported" or something around those lines.

Unfortunately this happened with all 14 of my .avi files.

Also when i tried dvdsanta the movie worked when i tried to burn it on DVD but about 1hr and 45mn in to the movie it would cut out with another hour of the movie left. Is there something wrong with my settings. Please can someone give me directions on how to fix these minor errors or flaws that i may have done.

2. rebootjim

rebootjim Active member

Get Gspot, open your avi. Download and install the codec(s) needed.

3. Minion

Minion Senior member

Also you should Try decompressing the Audio in your AVI files ....

Also try this , Go to "options" to "Enviromental Settings" to "Vfapi Plugins" and Raise the Priority of the "Direct Show Multi-Media File Reader" to "2" which should solve the Problem with the Unsupported error message that is as long as you have the Proper Codec(s) installed...

Cheers

4. lanet

lanet Member

I have had the same problem. It generally means that the files are encoded with a codec that is not installed on your computer.

can the files be opened in windows media player?

If not I would probably install the xvid codecs this has always worked for me.

5. laidlaw

laidlaw Member

hey thanks alot guys(or girls) this has been a lot of help. I havent tried it yet but u are the experts so ill try it out. Ill try all the methods that were mentioned. See you