1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problems with XPO and SP2...

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Riven, Nov 24, 2004.

1. Riven

Riven Member

I hope this is the right place for this.

I eventually decided to bite the bullet and install SP2 on my PC, despite what some had told me about it possibly stopping some of my older old games from working. This immediately buggered my PC. Now whenever I start it, it gets as far as the Log on screen then reboots. It does this in safe mode and last known good.

Anyone know how to fix this?

2. ianski7

ianski7 Guest

Hey

If you can't boot Windows in safe mode and last known good config maybe it's time for a reinstall.
    You can choose the 'fix existing Windows installation' option which will not eat your data.It will however get rid of SP2 and hopefully you won't come away with any glitches.I have never had a problem ...yet

3. Radon

Radon Guest

Hi Riven,

I work for a computer company in Australia/Canberra, try using memtest86(http://www.memtest86.com/). A common problem is the RAM being faulty and due to this will cause windows to keep rebooting. Use memtest and it will test your RAM. Basically you boot of the floppy you creat and it will go through and test the RAM. It will show any errors through the RAM. If it doesn't get a pass and shows you errors then thats probably whats causing your computer to restart.

Cheers Radon