1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Problme using 1 Click DVD Copy and DVD 43

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by hettiwi, Jan 30, 2005.

1. hettiwi

hettiwi Member

I installed both 1 Click DVD copy and DVD43. Got the green smilely fave and first two copies went smoothly. Since then, I continue to get the green smilely face, but receive an error message (Error 1) when trying to use 1 Click. The error message indicates the the DVD is encrpyted. I have tried a number of differenct DVDs, but continue to get the same error message whenever I try to copy them using 1 Click. I have uninstalled and reinstalled both 1 Click and DVD43, but still no luck. Any suggestions?

2. msbearak

msbearak Member

I downloaded the 10day/3movie trial with DVD43I am having the same problem. Even after carefully doing things in the exact order. you know, activate DVD43, wait for the yellow face, put in the movie, get the green face, then start 1Click. After clicking start, I too get the (ERROR 1) message. I am experimenting with different software (DVD backup for Dummies type) so it would be nice to get this working. Anythoughts out there?

Thanks.

3. hettiwi

hettiwi Member

I downloaded a trial verison of another background decrypter, AnyDVD, and got the same "Error 1" message. However, if I have both DVD43 and AnyDVD open and ready in my task bar, 1Clickworks like a charm. Close either one and the "Error 1" message reappears. Does anyone have any idea of why this is happening? We have tried everything, including using a fresh Windows XP loadset without any other software additions and still get the same "Error 1" message.

4. hettiwi

hettiwi Member

Dear Msbearak: What type of motherboard do you have installed. We have an Intel board which comes bundled with integrated video software. We are trying to determine if it may be a motherboard issue, rather than a software conflict, etc. issue.

5. msbearak

msbearak Member

Well, unfortunately I never get under the hood of my computer..so to speak. Tell me how to check and I will get back to you with the details.

6. msbearak

msbearak Member

Hettwi,

I got side tracked last night and did not check the properties of my computer after I got an email from 1Click suggesting I try using AnyDVD instead of DVD43.

I got the same results as you. It did not work alone, but using AnyDVD and DVD43 together worked fine. I have asked 1Click why this would happen but havent gotten any word back yet. Also, not to happy about having to pay for more software since AnyDVD isn't free.

I must say, too, that after reading so much information on Decrypter and Shrink, I feel a bit too intimidated to use them--even, if they are free. I don't understand most choices that need to be made. And all I want is to make a back-up DVD to play so the family doesn't wreck my originals.

So, I guess, I keep reading all of the various threads until I figure out what to do next. I'll post again to this thread when I hear back from 1Click.

7. hettiwi

hettiwi Member

Dear Msbearak: Thanks for update. Please let me know what you learn from 1Click re having to use both DVD43 and AnyDVD simulataneously.

8. ADobert1

ADobert1 Member

I have 1 Click DVD Copy, DVD43Free, and AnyDVD when i try to copy a DVD and it still says its encrypted, anyone have any ideas?

9. permatex

permatex Regular member

try this,remove dvd43 free from your computer,1 clik and anydvd works well together.try this sequence of recording,first open 1 cilck,next install the movie you want to copy in your dvd writer and wait until anydvd auto scan the dvd,when you see a white screen on the moniter with the dvd info,close the info screen and click start on 1 click.note-anydvd is the program that kills the copyright protection,1 click copy and burn the dvd,also keep in mind that anydvd need a few seconds to find and analize the dvd prior to starting the copy process,using 1 click.

10. paul55

paul55 Member

You can easily use dvddecrypter with 1clickdvdcopy, but it requires you to rip to HD with DVDD and then use the created directory as the source in 1click. Latest versions of both programs will beat the Sony ARCCOS protection. The 1click website forum has an easy to follow 'sticky' post for using DVDD with 1click.

11. gr8snk

gr8snk Member

are there any other css removal apps besides dvd43free and anydvd? i recently bought a new dvdrom/cdrw combo and when i insert a dvd, dvd43free does not recognize when i use 1clickdvd. any suggestions?

12. permatex

permatex Regular member

as far as i can tell anydvd seem to be one of the best programs out there at killing cpoyright protection to include the new ones coming out,decripter and dvd43 free seem to have fallen behind on upgrading to keep up with the new copyright protection. you can try reinstalling your dvd writer driver and software just to make sure you got a good install.you may have a hardware software problem with the computre itself and not with anvdvd or dvd43 free.

13. msbearak

msbearak Member

Hettiwi and others; After communicating with 1Click and various trials of combining 1Click with DVD43 and 1Click with AnyDVD, and 1Click with both DVD43 and AnyDVD (which generally worked); however, DVDCloner II quit working (DVD43 and AnyDVD conflict, I believe) so I decided to unload everything!

By that I mean every purchased, free or trial version of every DVD copying software that I had loaded on my computer and start fresh and clean.

I reloaded DVDCloner II and ensured that it worked again; then I reinstalled 1Click and only AnyDVD. My uninstall must have been too clean, because I lost my one free copy trial I had left on 1Click. So, I downloaded CloneDVD2 and it works great with AnyDVD. I prefered the simple 1Click screens, but for the price, the CloneDVD2 with AnyDVD is the best package for your money. (No problem copying The Forgotten or eposidic TV series)

CloneDVD2 allows more control over the content and quality of your copies. But, since I don't know what all of those options actually do and how the affect the end result I am reluctant to "check" or "un-check" the options. I'd like to hear from someone with more CloneDVD2 experience--maybe we need a new thread for that or is there one already?

14. freee

freee Member

try using version 1.4 you can download at www.free-codecs.com

15. freee

freee Member

try using version 1.4 you can download at www.free-codecs.com,Click on free-codecs.net ,click on dvd43free3.5,click on download ,click on 1.4 version

16. budberner

budberner Guest

msbearak

I started out with 1click and dvd43free and it worked to a certain degree. The best I can say about it is; it got me started. The worst is; I bought it before I found this sight. dvd43 would change and not decode or not change at all. I used dvdd and shrink-nero just to learn as much as possible. When I read senior members talking about clone2 and any dvd,I decided to try it and what a step up from 1click... I just do movie only with English Dolby ac3/6(surround)(ac3/2 stereo)burn @ 4X with the best media you can find or afford and end up with very high quality back-up. Pop it in and it plays. No trailers, No menus to surf through. I highly recommend it for simplicity,options and quality. It's worth the money

17. msbearak

msbearak Member

budberner

After all of my trials and tribulations, I did exactly as you--except I did not purchase 1click. I did purchase Clone2 and AnyDVD. Definitely worth the price. I really like the ease of use and am still learning about some of the setting options.

I do agree with keeping the settings simple; but, is there an advantage to burning at 4X rather than the max speed your burner can provide? I have always left that setting on "max".

18. budberner

budberner Guest

There IS an advantage of burning at a lower speed. The odds go WAY up of having success. It doesn't take that much longer for the benefit. I mistakingly started out with memorex but aleast the code was fujifilm03. When burned at 8X only one of 5 dvd players I have would play them but when reduced to 4X they played in all of them,thanks to the advice from this forum. If the movie is large I slow the write speed even further. Because it's amazing burning even works to begin with,why not do everything you can to increase the odds.

19. msbearak

msbearak Member

sounds like something I will be doing on my next burn. Thanks