1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Processor switching off?

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by mpenza0, Nov 17, 2004.

1. mpenza0

mpenza0 Member

I Have a AMD(tm) XP 2600+, mmx, 3d Now, ~2.0ghz processor in my laptop, i have a ATI 64mb Radeon IGP 320M graphics card. My computer has all the specifications to play C & C generals but when i play it the processor goes into hyperdrive and then cuts out swithcing off my laptop!? when i play other games that dont use so much memory and graphics card usage it doesnt seem too switch off. i read about overclocking and i havent dont that and have no idea if its anything to do with that. all i know is its starting to p me off. any help would be grateful!

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

is the cpu fan running at all as some laptops the cpu fan kicks in every so often not continuous as possibility cpu is overheating & shutting down. check for cpu temp next time it shutsdown in bios or desktop if possible

3. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

Two things youll want to check for diagnostic purposes:
    1. Check that that the voltage levels are within spec
    2. Check that the temperatures arent off the charts
    Start the monitoring before you start playig games and then check after the crash. Something like MBM5 can help :)