1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

"Program needs to close" Cucusoft Dvd to ipod error

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by pmarchio, Feb 15, 2007.

1. pmarchio

pmarchio Member

I just spent the 40 dollars on getting my ipod all hooked up with videos via cucusoft dvd to ipod suite edition. Everytime I try to "open dvd" the program freezes and closes out preventing me from getting anything done. I've tried pretty much everything and cannot find similar problems with other users. HELPP!!!

2. tantalust

tantalust Member

Hi there. I have the same problem open dvd / crash problem with cucusoft dvd to ipod! Can you help me out too? Many thanks in advance!!!

3. RedCar56

RedCar56 Member

I have also recently bought the Cucusoft Zune Video Converter Suite and I am having the exact same problem. It would be much appreciated if someone could please help me.

4. mrc120381

mrc120381 Member

I to have purchased the ipod suite from cucusoft and soon as the program starts to copy a dvd it encounters a problem and must close. Also don't know if this has happened to anyone else but cucusoft will not reply to emails regarding the problem just the automatic response very unhappy with them!

5. mrxxg

mrxxg Guest

To all if you have any issue with the latest version of cucusoft, you can download the version 3.16.3.29, i have using this version for almost 1 yr, it can deal with all different DVD movies, music DVDs, TV shows without any problem.

6. rock_t

rock_t Member

Hopefully, someone can help me! I've tried using both versions 5... and 3... and I have separate problems with each. With version 5 I get an error saying that the DVD drive can't be accessed. Using version 3, the program freezes upon opening a file. Can anyone offer advice?

7. mrxxg

mrxxg Guest

when you convert video files to ipod using version 3.16.3.29, pls also download the latest video codec from http://www.free-codecs.com/download/Codec_Pack_All_in_1.htm, get that installed in your machine and try to convert it again...i have your issue before and solved by this.

8. rock_t

rock_t Member

I've downloaded the codec and, using version 3, I now get a Windows error and the application closes. Using version 5 still gives me the same error I had before that it can't read the DVD (even if I'm trying to download from a .vob file on my hard drive).

9. mrxxg

mrxxg Guest

what's the format of your video file? have you tried other video clips?

10. rock_t

rock_t Member

The files are in .vob format. I had no trouble with the trial version of the software.

11. mrxxg

mrxxg Guest

the latest version of cucusoft can not convert VOB files, you should either download the full version of 3.16.3.29 or try other converters...see this detailed review of top 5 dvd to ipod suite converters, only AVEX or Lenogo can convert VOB files.

12. rock_t

rock_t Member

How is that possible? I converted .vob files using the trial version with no problem. I also received "advice" from Cucusoft support, which simply asked me if I was using the correct program. Basically, it appears that Cucusoft has pulled a bait and switch. I plan to dispute this charge with my credit card company and let them handle it.

13. rock_t

rock_t Member

...and according to your link to the top 5 converters Cucusoft IS supposed to convert .vob

14. mrxxg

mrxxg Guest

no, it can't. you download avex or lenogo to have a try..myself have avex and cucusoft both.

15. pblrdom

pblrdom Member

I am having the same issue it looks like.
    I am using the DVD to iPhone Suite but same program with diff res output.

I open the converter fine, click to open the DVD and it stops responding and windows closes it.
    I have also tried using programs like dvd shrink to get the .VOB files and then i open them, the same thing happens.
    I have the most up to date version 7.3.7.2 and have also gotten the all in 1 codec pack. Any help would be GREATLY appreciated!

16. pblrdom

pblrdom Member

i even turned off DEP for Cucusoft and the same thing.

17. FunkyKong

FunkyKong Member

Your Mileage May Vary, but I was having this problem as well, and I just happened to try changing my video driver hardware accelleration setting to full (it had been dropped to half at some point for some other issue I was having). This stopped it from crashing when trying to open the dvd . (I'm using latest version of cucusoft's "ultimate" suite. I aslo made sure I had all the latest windows updates, but that alone didn't fix the issue.)

18. mjm7

mjm7 Member

One of the WORST softwares out there!
    Customer support stinks as they do not reply.
    Only wish I could inform others before they purchase.