1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Protected Programs Copying

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by Oldaussie, Oct 15, 2004.

1. kaferal

kaferal Guest

Hiya,
    Got the new discs, did my usual thing with ClonyXL and Clonecd, put the discs away. Tried to use it! Emulation message came up. OK, Uninstalled program. Checked FFHS site. Loaded program from origianl discs and then tried using it, still emulation message. Went and delted any new entries to the registry, but any stray(orphan) files and entries. Tried again, same messgae.(Bugger)
    Went to kids computer, and tried loading from original. Worked this time, and providing I start the program with the original disc 1 it will then let me access records through the burnt copies.
    My computer still not playing the game. Did net search and found this forum, tried all suggestions with same result (it sucks).
    CANNOT get the damn thing to work at all on my puta, even after uninstalling and cleaning out nasty entries,reinstalling, and etc emulation message keeps coming up. Am getting frustrated, so have put the thing away before I hit it with a hammer.
    Looking forward to a result. Trying to get in touch with a puta nerd I know to see if he can crack it for me, has had success in the past with other things for me, but he is very slow, so could be a 6 month wait.

2. Oldaussie

Oldaussie Member

Had the same message, only way to load the original on your puter, is to uninstall Clone CD,

then it will load the program,,

then you can load Clone CD after that..

try that

I even contacted Slysoft about the problem.

this was their reply..

Please run the CloneCD TrayTool and set "Hide CDR Media" to active before you start the application.

here is how in FAQ at Slysoft...

The 'Hide CD-R' function is a special feature from CloneCD and should work on most Windows systems regardless of the burner type. Some games check whether there is a blank in the writer, a so-called ATIP check. Read-only devices cannot do an ATIP check. By activating the CloneCD tray tool you are able to hide CD-R media from being detected by protected programs with a right-click onto the referring icon. This useful tool can be activated in the CloneCD menu (Start->Programs->CloneCD->CloneCD Tray).

but I can't find the cloneCD Tray tool I am using
    Clone CD 5.0.3.1 Trial version maybe that is the problem ??
    in

3. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

I had to remove CloneCD from my system for the same reason - I was getting the "emulation software detected" error even though "Hide CD-R" was enabled :(

4. Oldaussie

Oldaussie Member

Hi Nephilim

any news from your two mates aldaco12 or Shoey on this problem
    I have had a massive problem with computer,
    reformatted. lost a lot of data, I am back and running again..

5. Nephilim

Nephilim Moderator Staff Member

Nothing so far, sorry.

6. amtm

amtm Guest

I was reading the forums and I wanted to give you guys some info I'm not sure in what country you guys are in but there are a lot of different copy protection laws in different countries. to be very honest clone cd is the best there is period and to fix your problem with clone cd this what you need to do first of all uninstall clone cd reboot then go in to control panel under the icon that allows you to change the location your in I can't rember what it is called but change it to english (canada) and it will be able to install it using the hide cdr option also included is ampligy weak sectors and one more option that gives you a true 1:1 copy. if anybody has any questions about this let me know hope this help l8ter oh yeah after you have changed the info installed the program and rebooted you can go back and change it back to the orginal location and everything will still work as it should

7. clifton51

clifton51 Member

I too am watching this thread with anticipation. I also have the same program that I am trying to copy to keep the original CDs in good condition. Like all good Geneology Databases, they are to expensive to have to replace. I have tried all of the above methods with no results, except to make a lot of new drink coasters!..Ahh...and here was me thinking that THAT was a thing of the past!