1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

protection

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by acoronado, Nov 1, 2003.

1. acoronado

acoronado Guest

what's the best way to protect myself from hackers?...firewalls, peer guards, etc.

2. John375

John375 Guest

You are going to need a good Firewall and any of the good AntiVirus softwares . . . These should do most of the 'protection", provided you use the firewall correctly and update the AV weekly or twice weekly

Not all Firewalls are good. See test results at
    h**p://www.pcflank.com/art41c.htm

Do a Google search for AntiVirus Comparison (tests, etc) . . Some are better than othrs. . .But one has to update at least weekly, or more often, and always when some new virus is noted to be spreading

3. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

I would recomend a Hardware firewall. Software firewalls are crackable. And some are specifically targeted as some beleive they may have good stuff for just having that firewall. So 1 get a hardware firewall, that you update the firmware.
    2 get Norton Anti-virus. Other Antivirus don't seem as good.
    But these are just my opionons.

4. Praetor

Praetor Moderator Staff Member

I will second that opinion on hardware firewalls however just because u have a hardware firewall doesnt mean you can become complacent hehe. Paranoia is a controlled skill :p -- its needs to be practised!

5. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Paranoia is a very good thing. I am one of the most paranoid people, also as I have been told this.
    So an other way to answer this is that you never will have protection, but there are things you can use to make you feel safe. ie antivirus, Hardware firewalls, and Spybot programs. Spybot search and Destroy is good for this.

6. Praetor

And always, always, I cant stress this enough, make sure you pack C4, poison, at the bare minimum 1 sidearm and a change of ammunition as well as an airstrike marker. :p

7. John375

John375 Guest

Praetor - - And you forgot to mention to stay inside with doors locked, when it gets dark

8. powerdup

powerdup Regular member

Anti-Trojan software.

9. Praetor

Doors? What doors? :p

10. Prisoner

Prisoner Guest

Ya that reinforced Titanium wall is really good. I like the Bank vault doors my self, but it is really hard to convice you land lord to put them in Toronto.