1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PS2 to computer hookup

Discussion in 'Video capturing from analog sources' started by Spider323, Aug 20, 2004.

1. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

Hi I was wondering if there is anyway that I can connect my PS2 to my computer? Since I do not have a TV in my room but I do have a computer I cannot play PS2 in my room. And since I have no room in my room I cant place a TV in here. So if there is anyway that I can connect a PS2 to my computer I would be grateful. I have a TV input card and Composite input slots (red,white,and yellow). I would prfer to use the the composite slots. I have tried connecting the PS2 throught the composite ports but I have not found any software to allow me to play the games. I would be grateful to be able to connect the PS2 to the computer. THANK YOu for your help.

2. m-duce

m-duce Guest

You should be able to do it no problem if you have a video card that allows for composite inputs. I don't know what software you would need - what kind of card are you using?

If you want better quality, you might consider upgrading to monster cables with S-Video and getting a capture card that has S-Video input.

Just my two cents...

3. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

hey, I have a hauppage (i think i spelled it correctly) video card. And I do also have a S-video input but then I would only be a ble to connect the video but not have sound. Thanks for your reply but it still doesnt really answer my question. Is there any programs I could use?

4. Megadeth

Megadeth Regular member

Plug into the input on your soundcard.

5. Spider323

Spider323 Regular member

Hey, but which software would i use to play it? and i dont think I have an input for the soundcard.

6. sdifox

sdifox Regular member

Wouldn't it be easier to get a PS/2 VGA output box?