1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Putting Movies (MP4's) On Any iPod

Discussion in 'iPod discussion' started by vonnie321, Nov 26, 2007.

1. vonnie321

vonnie321 Guest

Hi!

Ok, so even myself have had many problems with the newest iPod classic and other iPods putting movies on them. The main problem was, for just no reason, iTunes would freeze up when I tried adding MP4's to the library. I cannot explain this, and no-one I have spoken to can either. Then I would usually get that blue screen of death which would restart my computer. (you know, the fatal blue screen with whiter writing warning you that the computer had a fatal crash etc) So if anyone is having problems putting movies on the iPods, I recommend using this method as it has been tested and works. NOTE - This will not harm your iPod in any way shape or form, there are no applications that need to be put on your iPod so it cannot get hacked or ruined etc, so feel safe. Ok, so let us begin,

Programs You'll Need:

- WinAVI 3GP/MP4/PSP/iPod Converter Download Here
    - iPod To PC Transfer Download Here

Introduction

You will need to get the full version of WinAVI MP4 Converter (NOT THE EVALUATION/FREE TRIAL) for this to work as it does not have the right features. Now everybody that is half technically smart knows that it is so easy to get the full version of this program while not paying for it. Tip = Using torrents, etc. I will not go any further on that as it is not allowed to share that kind of stuff. However with the iPod To PC Transfer program, you do not need the full version as it allows up to 500 files per transfer at once so there is no point. Just do 499 at a time and then do more next time if you know what I mean.

Part 1

So once you have your programs, install them first. Now first you have to convert your movies to the correct format to go on your iPod. So first, open up WinAVI. Then select the circle button that says 'iPod" because we need to convert it to iPod format. Browse for your files (you can select more than one), then click ok. The browse for the output folder(where you want them to go) and click ok. Now all of the settings are correct so do not change anything. The only thing you may want to change is whether or not you want them to be converted to individual files or bath them together to make one movie file. it is up to you, just check or uncheck the box. It wont matter in the long run. Now click convert or ok, and wait for it to convert. It may take a while, that is fine, Just let it do its job.

Part 2

Once the files have converted, we now have to put them on the iPod. I must say iTunes is the worst program (for me anyways, I've had so many issues) so I do it this way. If any windows appear saying you must register this program just click "Remind Me Later" to ignore it as there is no need to. Open up iPod To PC Transfer and connect your iPod. It should appear in the program and you will be able to see any content that you already have on your iPod. On the left hand side in the pane it should say Videos. Double click on that and then you will be in the Videos section of your iPod. Now all you have to do is just drag and drop your movies into the box on the right and it will automatically sync them to your iPod, error free. You can also do this with music and TV Shows from memory and play lists as well.

Conclusion

Now if you happen to run into any problems (iPod stuffing up, not playing or anything stupid like that), you can download the latest version of iTunes from the iTunes Website and restore your iPod to its factory settings in iTunes. It is not hard, just connect your iPod to your computer, open up iTunes and click the "Restore" button. It will download the newest firmware for your iPod and install it back on your iPod removing anything from it that could be causing problems. From here you can start from scratch. So I hope you had found this article useful, thanks again and feel free to distribute to other people, I don’t mind. Just remember, "mr_bubbles_rulz" wrote this! Thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 26, 2007
  2. irongiant

irongiant Regular member

Win Avi do works fine, but i have notice quality is not the greates, with videora quality seems good. i do have both.

3. vonnie321

vonnie321 Guest

Ok, well from personal experience its been great. Videora is also a ram-hogging proigram thats why i dont like to use it.

4. vonnie321

vonnie321 Guest

if anyone likes, please say so so I know to continue with other things. thanks!

Last edited by a moderator: Nov 28, 2007
  5. bkim

bkim Member

Personally, I prefer Videora because it's a freeware (none of that free trial stuff), works at reasonable speed, and does its job without any major problems.

Your tut would be even better with pictures - it's perfectly understandable, but others learn better visually with pictures than words. Besides a picture is worth a thousand words, right?

I use DVD Decrypter then Videora, but your tut looks fine.

Good job.