1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about a .exe

Discussion in 'Windows - Virus and spyware problems' started by mightyed8, Jun 9, 2007.

1. mightyed8

mightyed8 Member

ok well i was bored so i was looking through my running processes(sorry spelling) and i found WUDFHost.exe and i hadn't seen that in there before and so i did what i always do and i check it through Google and the site i cam across said that it was from Microsoft and for windows Vista... thats all good but um... i am using XP so i was wondering if this ,WUDFHost.exe, is something i should be worrying about cause i am doing scans of my system right now but i have a feeling nothing will come up so really i am just asking for reassurance, thanks in advance . oh and the site that i viewed this was http://www.neuber.com/taskmanager/process/wudfhost.exe.html

2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

Maybe you plugged in a portable media player or you have just recently installed the drivers for one?

Wudfhost.exe is a Windows (Vista AND XP) driver file that is used for interfacing with portable media players such as Creative Zen and others. If you delete it or stop it running then you won't be able to dock your media player.

3. mightyed8

mightyed8 Member

alrighty thanks, i just wanted to make sure that it probably wasn't a virus... i have my Zune plugged in which i usually don't keep plugged in... so thanks for that little bit i just got scared cause that website said it was only with vista so i thought it might be a virus... thanks again

4. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

It's a good idea to check out any file or process you're not sure about. I wish more people had that attitude. Glad to help. Enjoy your system.