1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

question about RI4Me

Discussion in 'Copy DVD to DVDR' started by tlb666, May 30, 2007.

1. tlb666

tlb666 Guest

Hi there. I was helped b4 by many very nice people so i'm asking again for help.

My question is SIMPLE if I use RI4Me and the 1-click mode ripping only Main movie+menu settings...will RI4Me OR DVD Decrypter TAKE out the Anti-Piracy Warning???? If so do I need to set that setting?...also if, so HOW do I have to do that?

the reason I ask is cause..i usually use the FULL DVD settings and use RI4Me,Dvd Decrypter and FixVts, then take those files and using Titlewriter I put the Menus BACK in to my Main movie...BUT Titlewriter does it Without the Anti-Piracy warning coming up.

So I want to know if using the ABOVE.....will produce the same as making another step using TW.

thanks again

T

Last edited by a moderator: May 30, 2007
  2. orion250

orion250 Regular member

I have never used Titlewriter before. If you want to remove the Anti-Piracy Warning, after ripping with Ripit4me, use a program called VobBlanker to BLANK out the warning. While you're in there, you can remove other junk also. Also, I have noticed that some movies and episodic dvds have more than 1 (sometimes 2 or 3) Anti-Piracy warning title or PGC's within the files. You will not see the multiple's in Shrink or other programs. I only noticed these using VobBlanker. You can remove everyone with this piece of software.

3. tlb666

tlb666 Guest

Orion> thanks for the heads-up. One question though...if i use RI4ME (settings on main movie+menu), dvd decrypter, then FixVts comes in automatically...do I REALLY need to use VobBlanker?

It seems to me that RI4ME already takes the piracy warning out already, and since i ripped only main+menu..there IS no EXTRAS...isnt there???!!!

So what you're saying in order of backing a dvd up i should

1. Use Ripit4Me first with the FULL DVD settings??
    2. Then rip the dvd with Dvd Decrypter...right?
    3. Use VobBlanker to blank out the piracy warning, the extras I dont want...etc...
    4. Then use Dvd shrink to shrink it down
    and finally 5. I use Nero to burn it (my fav burning prog)

IS THIS right??...is this how YOU would do it?...if not, Step by step HOW would YOU do it??

(keep in mind ALL i want is main movie+menus)

thanks again

T

4. gamename

gamename Regular member

u could skip shrink and use nero recode to compress and burn.

5. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

@tlb666.......I use RipIt4Me with just the MOVIE ONLY and DVDDecrypter will just do movie without menus and you won't get the previews or the warning screens..... Just the movie! I love this because I just want movies on my DVD and I don't need director comments or previews or Special contents or Cast comments! Just the movie for me! I don't want to navigate my DVD to get to a movie...... just pop in the DVD and the movie starts! PERFECTOMUNDO!

6. orion250

orion250 Regular member

tlb666

Yes you do! You are partially correct. If you use Ripit4me and select the 1-click mode, it then checks the original disc info and tells you the final disc size and tells you if it will fit on a single layer disc or not. If it won't fit on a single layer disc AS IS, it will tell you the approximate compression % that is required to fit onto a single layer disc.
    I then select to rip MAIN MOVIE+MENU and Ripit4me automatically opens Dvd Decrypter. Ripit4me will automatically use FixVTS to bring the files in dvd compliance. Once the rip is completed, Dvd Shrink automatically opens and analyzes the ripped files. If the total size of all the files is less than 4464mb, then shrinking is not necessary. Compression % will be at 100% (ideal). The Anti-Piracy warning (or warnings) is usually embedded within the menu files. If you want to exclude these warnings, this is the time to open VobBlanker and use it. I like to rip movie+menus so I can have the menu navigation within the movie.
    You can BLANK out the warning, or in some cases the warnings, and any other junk (trailors, extras, commentary etc.) if you did a FULL DVD rip with Ripit4me within this program. If you ripped just the movie and the menus, you can just BLANK out the warnings. When you are done, click the Process button at the bottom of the VobBlanker screen. This will process the files without the PGC's or titles that you blanked out (removing them). Once this is done, if the movie files will fit on one single layer disc, then there is no need to shrink them, just backup in ISO mode and burn with Imgburn. I have never had any luck with Nero, I prefer Imgburn or Sonic RecordNow to burn with. If the movie files will not fit on a single layer disc, then you will have to open Shrink and shrink them to fit. Once shrunk, backup within Dvd Shrink into ISO mode and burn with Imgburn (it's free, try it you will like it). Every once in a while, if I rip just the movie+menus and the compression % is still less than 80-85%, I use VobBlanker to split the movie in half and put the first half on a single layer disc (1 of 2) and the second half on another single layer disc (2 of 2) to avoid the large compression which decreases the video quality. If you need more info on how to split the movie in half using VobBlanker, just post again for it. Hope this helps!

7. tlb666

tlb666 Guest

Orion> you are AWESOME!!! Thanks so much for breaking down your steps for me step-by-step. I appreciate so with this in mind could you tell me step by step using vobblanker HOW you split a movie if i need to do so i'd like YOUR help with this.

Thanks again btw> are you saying if compression is under 80% then you split ALL your movies???

is this a good ratio or STANDARD for getting the best quality on a DVD?

one last question for now> do you have a RATIO at what you shrink you're dvds too? by this I mean lets say a dvd is at 82% compression what AEC Settings in Dvd Shrink do YOU use?...sharp...max sharp..smooth ..max smooth...etc....??????

I know many people have different views on this i would like to know yours.

someone once posted these ratios:
    0-65%-max smooth
    65%-80%-smooth
    80-90%-sharp
    and 90-99% max sharp

what is your opinion?

T

Last edited by a moderator: May 31, 2007
  8. orion250

orion250 Regular member

@tlb666

You are welcome. I don't use any AEC settings. If you click on backup, it will open the dvd backup window where you can select "Quality Settings", I have both boxes unchecked. I just have never tried to use any AEC settings. They come out great without using them. Some people shrink all the way down into the 50's % but come out with very poor quality, I'm sure. If I have a movie that is 82%, I will squeeze it into 1 SL dvd-r. But if it goes any lower than 80%, I ALWAYS split the movie amongst 2 SL discs, always! What good is having a backup that has very poor picture quality, I my as well pull out my original and watch it.

You can open with VobBlanker and blank out all the junk. For example if the main title contains 45 chapters, you can KEEP chapters 1-25 and BLANK out chapters 26-45 and save to hard drive. Burn this to a single layer dvd (1 of 2), then use VobBlanker to BLANK out chapters 1-25 and KEEP chapters 26-45. Save this to hard drive, then burn to second single layer disk (2 of 2). This will eliminate all compression problems and give the best video quality. You won't have to use Shrink to compress. This same procedure can also be used with episodic dvd's while keeping all menus intact and in working order. I use this method if compression will be less than 80-85%. I'm real picky about the video quality. Hope this helps.

9. orion250

orion250 Regular member

I have several step-by-step screen shots with instructions for VobBlanker and splitting episodic dvd's (movies work the same way), but have never posted pics before on this forum and can't figure out how to. I have tried clicking the "Add Image" icon during this reply and it does nothing. I have tried to copy and paste it into this reply but the "paste" selection is greyed out. I have uploaded them to Photobucket, but still can't figure out how to post them here. How do others post screen shots here? Can anyone help me figure this out? Thanks ahead of time.