1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question bout internal subs

Discussion in 'DivX / XviD' started by doodlak, Mar 9, 2005.

1. doodlak

doodlak Guest

Is there a way to get rid of internal subs. I have some externals i want to use, but they appear over the internal subs. I just want the externals to appear. Maybe some filter i can run the file through?Its a divx file by the way.

2. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

So this is a .divx file with internal xsubs?
    Simply remuxing should remove the subs.

3. doodlak

doodlak Guest

Ah ok thank you very much. Whats a good program for demuxing it. Freeware preferably?

4. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

VirtualDubMod should work. It should ignore xsubs and other divx features. I haven't actually played around with any divx files myself, but as a divx file is essentially still an avi it should work.

5. doodlak

doodlak Guest

Nope doesnt work. I read bout this somewhere else. Seems like the only way to get rid of permanent subs is to either crop them out, which for me would suck because they are over the video. Or i could go frame by frame to remove them(which would take forever). I.e. im screwed. Thanx anyways.

6. celtic_d

celtic_d Regular member

You didn't say hard encoded subs. You said internal divx subs.

Yeah, if they are hard encoded you have to crop or cover over with a single colour.

7. doodlak

doodlak Guest

Oh ok, thanx for the help anyways.