1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question fo sho'

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by CTheGod, Aug 11, 2004.

1. CTheGod

CTheGod Member

Hey, Whats up people.........I know you guys get these type of questions everyday, so forgive me for that. I'm downloading the manhunt game 'manhunt.iso' from bittorrent. I wanted to know if it's possible to burn that into a disc and play it on my xbox without a mod chip. I have bought burned bootleg dvds before from some asians and I was able to play them on my xbox with no problem. So do you guys think I will be able to do this?
    Thanks

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I doubt that you can play Manhunt without the modchip. I think the only reason you can play those games that you bought from the "asians" is because they used press burners to make copies of games. Otherwise, I don't see why there is a need for modchip to play burnt games in the first place. Alternatively, you could try the "softmod" method, which I do not recommend.

3. CTheGod

CTheGod Member

Naw, the dvd's i bought from the asians were movies....i was able to play them so I was just wondering if they are the same format as a game or somethin like that. I was thinking that i can burn the game into some kind of disc like a dvd-r or something and be able to play it without the mod chip...............whats the softmod method?

4. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I suppose any Xbox can play burnt movies without any problem. But movies and games are two entirely different formats. Unlike movies, games require boot sectors that cannot be copy/extract/burn. That is where the modchip comes in. The chip helps by fooling your system into thinking that the backup is original. So the answer is still no, you will have to need a chip. I'm not too familiar with the softmod method, you can do a Google search and I'm sure it will come up with something.