1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Question on SVCD playback framerates

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by bchaney16, Sep 23, 2002.

1. bchaney16

bchaney16 Member

Ok, so I have a DivX file that has a framerate of 23.976. I know how to convert to MPEG-2 and everything, but will a SVCD with this framerate play on a VCD/SVCD compatible DVD player? If not, I could change it, but I would have to speed up the rate, making it faster video with audio like the chipmunks. What options do I have besides just making a VCD instead?

Thanks for help.
    -Brian

2. VCDjunkie

VCDjunkie Moderator Staff Member

I would go with SVCD instead, it takes a little more time, but I think its well worth the extra time.. besides, what else ya gonna do with those CPU cycles while you are sleeping or at work?

If you are looking to create SVCD using DivX avi as the source, you should use DVD2SVCD which you can download here: http://www.afterdawn.com/software/video_software/dvd_rippers/dvd2svcd.cfm

The source can be changed from DVD to AVI, so don't let the name fool you.. just remember, that if you have a DivX file that is not great quality, then don't expect to get a good looking SVCD.

Good luck!