1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

questions about bios & paragon

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by Defu, Mar 22, 2007.

1. Defu

Defu Member

i just put together my first pc, i have a few questions.

1) i did all my drivers but i did not upgrade the bios. i don't know how. is upgrading the bios something you always do? how do i do this?

2) regarding paragon, i just made a backup disc. it said it was gonna be 9gb and 3 dvd's. i put 1 disc in there and it said it completed. how do i know if it worked? i'm new to paragon and i'm not completely sure how it works. from what i understand, this disc is suppose to be a perfect copy of my hd. i can use this disc to install windows and all my programs and all my games and all my updates and everything else just like the day i made the disc. is this correct?

thank you

2. marsey99

marsey99 Regular member

bios updates fix issues with hardware compatability and stability issues, if your system is working fine i see no reason to flash the bios.

is and easy thing to do, if you want to, you need to save the bios file (usaly from manufactors wesite) to a floppy or usb flash drive and go into the bios's flash section where it will give you instructions on how to do it.

i have flashed my current mobos bios with the latest release but my last one, which my son now uses, isnt becuase that works fine as it is and i see no reason to do it. it aint broke so why fix it.