1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Questions about HDTV's

Discussion in 'HDTV discussion' started by pablo123, Jan 14, 2008.

1. pablo123

pablo123 Member

I am planning on buying either an Xbox 360 or a PS3 and would like to purchase an HDTV to get the full HD graphics. However, I'm not sure which TV I should buy. Whenever I go to the store, all the HDTV pictures look fuzzy. What causes this fuzzy picture? Is it because an HD signal is not going into the floor model TV's? If that's the case, what cable service shoould I purchase to achieve the best picture? Also, can anyone recommend an HDTV that is 40" and 1080P? I would like to purchase one with those specs but I would like to keep the price under $1800 or so. Thanks.

2. philzone

philzone Regular member

all of those questions are personal preference but.... i would buy the 360, an lcd tv(thats not fuzzy), and has plenty of inputs. 1800 should easily get you 40" and 1080p. get it from a large retailer with a 30 day "no questions" return policy. Floor models are not always hooked up right, or the signal is split too many times to get a decent picture. look for the individual display models that have blu rays hooked up. that'll give you a good idea of the capability of the tv.
    Cable in my area is time warner(only). so i dont have much to go on.
    here, the hd material looks pretty good, but the digital (not hd) material is marginal

3. ik720

ik720 Member

I have time warner, and its nice because the HD channels are free unlike satellite (and i don't know about other cable companies because this is the only cable company in my area).

But with Time-warner i believe there are like 14 free HD channels and then you can subscribe to others like HBO and stuff. You can go to the cables companies in your area's website and it should list all their channels and costs there.

4. goodswipe

goodswipe Guest

You should easily be able to get a tv in that price range, I've seen many 46 inch LCD's going for 1400.