1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quicktime/Real Codecs availability

Discussion in 'Other video questions' started by trizzipin, Aug 24, 2004.

1. trizzipin

trizzipin Guest

I was wandering if anyone knew of links to download these codecs seperately so i can view these type of files in my own media player. I dont want to download a codec pack or real/quicktime alternative media players just seperate small packages.
    Would really appreciate this help have been looking for a while and only ones i could find were in the kazaalitemegacodec pack(would be good if i could extract only these codecs from the megapack since i rather not keep the whole setupfile since it includes to may useless things for me)
    Thanks

2. Minion

Minion Senior member

To decode and watch Quicktime Files you have to install Quicktime...They don"t offer Quicktime as a seperate Codec it comes bundled with Quicktime 6...
    Even with Quicktime Installed only the Quicktime Player can Play Quicktime files....

I also believe that the RM codecs are built into RealPlayer and thet is the Only way to get the RM Codec and they will only play in RealPlayer....