1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

QUIK QUESTION ABOUT SUBS ON THE PHILIPS DVP642

Discussion in 'DVD players' started by chahal4, Feb 15, 2005.

1. chahal4

chahal4 Member

K, i know how to get em workin and ive done it a few times but its very rarely. Usually the player shows the .srt file ive burned as a question mark or mpeg4 file and doesnt allow me to click subtitle on it(little hand comes in the corner).

What ive been doing so far is opening the subs i get with VobSub's Resync and save them as a .srt and with the same name as the movie. And sometimes a little pop-up comes up and tells me to map out unkown characters(well actually, this has only happened once-and it was onna the times it worked).

What i need to know is; is there anything im doing wrong? Like gotta go and adjust some setting or something of the subtitle before burning? Bcuz simply saving it as a .srt seems a bit short but what ever works.

any help wud b great, thx.

2. bobwarden

bobwarden Member

Make sure that the subtitle file is not longer than the movie.
    If it is longer than the movie, ( hours, minutes ), check to see if you can delete the extra subtitles that exceeded the movie length.
    See http://dvp642-information.tripod.com/ for more information about DVP642.

3. switchon

switchon Member

Had the same problem with question mark subtitles when using roxio easy media creator. Had to change project settings to "Joliet" and fplayer now recognizes and allows subtitles to be selected.