1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4 - No$gba?

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by dbowie88, Jun 13, 2007.

1. dbowie88

dbowie88 Member

Okay, has anybody has played SNK vs CAPCOM CARD FIGHTERS DS? The game is hella glitched, so I can't play through the new game +. I got an R4 to play the Rom backup because supposedly it doesn't have the glitch, but it does. Anyway, I heard it's hardware based, so I have to play past the glitch on NO$GBA and then put the save file back into my R4. Phew.

ANYWAY, I have no idea how to load my R4 save file (512kb, .sav) into NO$GBA, much less how to reverse the process after I play past the glitch. I've set it to "Uncompressed," I have a save converter and I've tried every setting with every memory state under "emulation options," but still I can't get a response from NO$GBA.

So, can anybody give me a walkthrough on how to:
    1. take my R4 save file and load it in No$GBA
    2. save my game, turn it back into R4 save format

Thanks!

2. dbowie88

dbowie88 Member

Nobody knows how to do this? Is it just plain impossible?

3. Jademalo

Jademalo Regular member

Ok.

1. Just put the save file in the "BATTERY" folder of your NO$GBA folder. it should work.

2. www.shunyweb.info/index.php Select origional format as "M3 .dat" and the output as "R4 .sav" then, load your NO$GBA save into it, and convert.

Happyness!

4. dbowie88

dbowie88 Member

What, just put my R4 save straight in BATTERY? It doesn't work; it acts like there's no save file at all. Also, in the NO$GBA emulation setup, if I turn "NDS backup media" to "none" then it gives me the error "warning! Data could not be accessed. Turn the power off and reinsert game card."

serious, don't I need to convert my R4 save to whatever No$gba uses? Don't I need to change the settings in NO$GBA to something?