1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4 roms white screen

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by yeldarb, Oct 21, 2012.

1. yeldarb

yeldarb Member

Hello, my friend has been given a DS with an R4 cartridge with roms on which all work fine. I have downloaded some other roms as backups of his games but somework and some dont. when i try and select the rom to play i get a white screen and thats as far as it goes batman brave and the bold for example. The chip says www.R4ultra.com. when i turn the ds on it says v1.54 in the bottom left hand corner. there is a new kernal on the website v.156. what is the difference between kernal and firmware? and also any ideas as to why i am getting the white screens on some roms? Thanks

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  2. shalome

shalome Regular member

Just update the firmware to V1.56 and try again, the new firmware can always support more games than the old firmware, if you can not play the new games, that means this card can not support it until now, you will need to wait for a firmware update to support it, and there are some better cards for you to support the new games, they nearly have the 100% game compatibility, such as r4i gold 3ds from r4ids.cn team ( http://www.dsflashcart.com/r4i-gold-3ds-wood-r4i-3ds-flashcard-for-ds-dsi-3ds-p-248.html ), dstwo and so on.

Last edited: Oct 21, 2012
  3. megadunderhead

megadunderhead Regular member

Thats true Very true

and the white screen is because some games have to be patched as well to work with that card if they are not patched you get a white screen of death which explains your issue you need to know how to patch the title in order for it to function.

4. yeldarb

yeldarb Member

Thanks for your responses! I have put the AKAIO 1.86a for R4i fw on my R4 card, and most of my ROMS now seem to work. I am having trouble withwith one which is Captain America. The ROM loads but then just goes to a black screen when i select New Game. Thanks for your help and if you have any ideas as to why this is happening it would be much appreciated. Thanks