1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

R4 Vs M3, help please!

Discussion in 'Nintendo DS' started by kingdy, May 13, 2007.

1. kingdy

kingdy Guest

Hi I'm torn here between getting an R4 or an M3 for my Nintendo DS I don't know which one is better, I'm on a low budget but I need something that works, plays music and videos, but most of all will play emulators, but if someone can help me out with which best meets these standards, that would be great. I would like many ideas, opinions and facts so feel free to repeat or give similar data to already posted data.

Thank you!

2. nancyli

nancyli Guest

wow,I have ordered a M3 from:www.digimartz.com ,they sell r4 and m3 with the same money, so appreciations for their MOTHER DAY`promotion! i think you can have a look !!maybe there are goods suit you !! lucky!!

3. larrylje

larrylje Active member

1st off this is the GameCube forum and this should have been asked in the DS forum...

http://forums.afterdawn.com/forum_view.cfm/176

Don't multi-post this thread to the DS forum I reported it to a MOD and asked them if they could move it.

Now for your question...

M3 simply and R4 are pretty much the same with just different names.

They both are made from the same manufacture.

Matter of fact when they both first came out the only difference was a solder connection that made an R4 the R4 and the M3 Simply the M3 Simply. Plus the firmware is different but pretty much runs the same.

Example: (It was a similar set up as below)
    The board had 3 soldering spots on the board. 1, 2 & 3. For the R4 spots 1 & 2 where soldered making a connection bridge. If you opened up the R4 cart and unsolder point 1 & 2 then made a connection bridge between 2 & 3 you would have an M3 Simply. (I don't think this is possible anymore)

All in all they are the same (They both play Music & Video with the same multimedia player Moonshell) They both can play some Emulators. Both companies get the Mod Cart from the same manufacture.

Last edited: May 14, 2007