1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

rar error. " no files to extract" please help

Discussion in 'CD-R' started by wheelstb, May 25, 2007.

1. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I am trying to extract an iso file fom a group of rar files. When I try to extract the files using a demo of winrar I receive an error message that says "no files to extract".However when I doubble click on any single one of the rar files it does show the iso file that I am looking for.
    plaese help!

2. billybob

billybob Regular member

When you double click the rar file mate, click on the .iso file (you said you could see it in WinRar) and any other additional files (so basically just highlight them all), and then click extract.

If this isnt the proglem, then im not patronising you, its just an easy mistake to make :D Good luck!

3. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

When I tried to extract the file (by right clicking) I got the no file to extract error. I got the error no matter wich of the rars I tried.

4. billybob

billybob Regular member

No no u misunderstand me.

I have a feeling these are R01 and R02 etc files. But it doesnt matter neways.

What im trying to say, is when you double click to extract them, and your winrar window pops up, you need to highlight the ISO file in that winrar window, THEN click extract.

This probably isnt the issue, but im just making sure u understand :D

5. wheelstb

wheelstb Regular member

I tried right click the iso and clicking extract. when i did i got an error that listed a bunch of the files and said unexcepted end to arechive.
    so i tried using quick par to fix the files but quick par said 53 more blocks were needed. so i tried downloading some par files again but it did not help.