1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

.RAX

Discussion in 'Audio' started by gowcra, Mar 16, 2005.

1. gowcra

gowcra Member

Hey guys, i bought some stuff off of the REALAUDIO and burned it to a cd, but i forgot my username and password and deleted all my stuff off of the real audio site. Im not a pirater, i honestly did pay 10bucks for the files BUT i use a ipod now and want to be able to convert them to .mp3 for maw ipod!

thanks for your replies guys

2. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2005
  3. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Just Rip that Cd to whatever format you need !

Audiograbber is FREE and is available here :-

http://www.audiograbber.com-us.net/

Why take the slow way with dBpowerAMP ; that is not FREE

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 16, 2005
  4. gowcra

gowcra Member

Ok THE FILES ARE protected. it wont let me do it on AG, how can i do it in DMP or whatever its called?

Can someone please let me know how to get around this. thnx guys!

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  5. Jeanc1

Jeanc1 Guest

Thought you said you had them burned to a Cd ?

CD grabber will not work with a DVD, only with audio cd.
    Did you try to burn them to audio cd using Real Player's own cd burning function?

Otherwise the only other way is to play them in real Player and capture the audio to wav or mp3 using dMC Auxiliary Input.

6. gowcra

gowcra Member

Nope i burned them via the windows function, but their in the RAX audioformat, any ideas guys.

I cant play em bc i forgot my password and deleted my account info (bad bad mistake) For which i am kickin myself now :( (nooooo) Any ideas

Last edited: Mar 16, 2005
  7. gowcra

gowcra Member

Sorry to bump but i really need this annoying problem fixed. Its bugging the crap out of me now! ESPECIALLY when i paid for the ******* tracks!

8. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

Like diablos said, dBpowerAMP should be able to convert .rax to .mp3

9. diabolos

diabolos Guest

At the time I posted I didn't realise .RAX files had DRM protection (or where .ra/.ram files with Real's proprietary DRM encryption attached to them). dMC won't convert protected files of any kind. You could try it (cause dBpowerAMP is a great tool to have anyway but) If the files are protected it won't work. Also if you can't play them then you "SOL" cause the only work around requires that you play the files using some type of mediaplayer (Haredware or Software).

I am assuming that you were unable (at the time) to burn the files to a CD-R to create an Audio-CD? If this is true then you have created an expensive coaster (unless you can get your "License" back).

Sorry for your inconvenience,
    Ced

Last edited by a moderator: Mar 17, 2005
  10. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

have you tried to burn the .rax files from Real Player to a CD/RW and then grab all the audio off of the CD with AudioGrabber into WAV format. You can then use dbPowerAmp to convert the WAV to MP3.

11. nick2005

nick2005 Regular member

o wait there protected sorry my bad. i guess the only way to get them back is if like diablos said, you get your liscense back.

12. gowcra

gowcra Member

DAMNIT, and people wonder why ppl commit piracy. RIAA/BPI here your DAMN REASON!!!!