1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

RAZR v3m - mp3 ringtones possible help???

Discussion in 'Motorola phones' started by Lord_P, Jun 20, 2006.

1. veronicab

veronicab Guest

i'm a spamming hunk of crap!

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 1, 2007
  2. 1superman

1superman Member

hey anyone can u help me out..i send song 2 my cell phone with the buletooth and at the end it says file curopt why is that

3. axie92

axie92 Member

What do you mean by Motorola Phone Tools? Is that a software or a program on the phone, please tell me how to access it, it would be very much appreciated.

4. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

Yes it is a software program. There are a few links to sites that sell it for around $10. back in this thread somewhere. It has the ability to make ringtones out of MP3s and will allow you to clip any section of the song as the ringtone. It also allows transfer of wallpaper and pictures to and from the phone. Its a very nice program.

Jerry

5. DrRockso

DrRockso Member

djteva's solution works. I have the razr v3m (with verizon unfortunately). After you rename the mp3 of your choice with the recorded files name (with qcp extension) and place you card back in the phone, you go to settings and tools on your phone. Then go to sound settings, and then ring styles, and then choose master volume detail. From there go to calls, and you should be able to see the ringtone you just created. Then just set it as your call ringtone and enjoy. Hope this helps guys. It worked for me everytime. If you try to do this from the the get tunes or tones area, you are only presented with the two options of moving or renaming the mp3 ringtone.

6. scottr1

scottr1 Member

The best place I found to buy the motorola v220 software is from Buyawireless.com. They have oem original for only 12.99 with free shipping.

7. meeka6

meeka6 Member

Okay folks, heres my sitch.
    I have a Verizon software laden v3m that was unlocked to work with my silly little local provider. Now, I used the azunee.google or whatever steps to add mp3's for ringtones but now Im not able to get to the Master Volume Detail, it just loops me back to "ring style" then when I try to get to master volume detail again...loops back. I must have done something I wasnt supposed to?? Any ideas how I can fix it. I've been using P2K Commander to add mp3's and must have deleted something I wasnt supposed to???? Help!

8. webs18

webs18 Member

dj i tried doing that but when it gets to the part where you copy the qcp file and name, it does not let me paste that onto the mp3 i want.

9. GTTeancum

GTTeancum Member

Thanks much for MSU.

10. ReaperBoy

ReaperBoy Member

I am having a problum were i have a nokia 6315i from verizon and i think it would be the same so i followed those steps exactly and when i want to set it as a ringtone it wont give me this option why is this?

11. lotsofwit

lotsofwit Member

Hey, I followed the steps for making a recording and pasting the name over the ringtone (I have a Razr v3m), but when I look for the song on the phone it's not there. Any help would be great.

12. dolnick62

dolnick62 Member

i have a problem with my custom ringtones not always playing when i receive calls. i followed all the instructions listed in this forum for renaming mp3 files and setting them up as ringtones. the funny thing is, they will only play IF i play another verizon-made ringtone FIRST(e.g. windchimes). once i play that sound, all of my new ringtones play fine. however, this has to be done every time i turn on the phone. if i don't, when a call comes in, my new ringtones don't play. any ideas??

13. tjm101591

tjm101591 Member

i dont understand what you mean by the root directory. i do see the qcp file but in the main window of when i first explore the SD card(it doesn't say root anywhere). I followed the instructions on renaming the mp3 to what ever the voice file was(including the .qcp). but it still didn't work. how can i fix this? or am i just doing something wrong?
    thanks

14. kpena

kpena Member

USING YOUR OWN RINGTONES ON THE VERIZON KRZR

I have a Verizon KRZR. Darksatan's thing is basically correct. But PUT YOUR FILES IN A:\MOTOROLA\SHARED\RINGTONES and not AUDIO. Enabling Bluetooth/USB transfer is a nice idea too.

Simply changing the seem with the device name might have worked in the past, but I think that the firmware was fixed to keep you from moving ringtones via the Motorola Multimedia Center. That's only going to work for contacts, pictures, and possibly video.

Note that MMC will give you an error message to the effect of "Unrecognized File Type ..." if you try to move a ringtone that way. I just bought this phone last month to replace my dying E815. So you it's not totally necessary to mess with enabling it.

Have fun! (8])

Darksatan's Procedure (P2K Commander Method):

15. imtaz

imtaz Member

hello guys, well i know how to cut down the mp3 to make the ringtone and everything, but i just do not know how to put it on my razr through a sd card. i am trying to put it on my micro sd card but i am not sure of where in the micro sd card i should put the mp3 ringtone file so it goes into the ringers so that i could set it as a ringer.

if anyone knows how to do this and help me please help.

thanks in advance

16. mohit1028

mohit1028 Member

hey guys. i am new here. i was having same trouble of downloading mp3 onto v3m. i went through forum. here is the payback. very easy. no need to cut, rename or anthing like that.
    first. goto control panel, double click on folder options. goto view tab. uncheck "hide known file types." this is very important otherwise it won't work.
    second. transfer any mp3 you want onto the transflash memory card. rename file extension to .qcp instead of mp3. you will get a window asking if you want to procede and that it may not work. click yes.
    then transfer your transflash card into the cell phone. goto get tunes... and scroll to find your song. designate ringtone accordingly.

good luck;
    jay

17. benex

benex Member

djteva's system works for the ring tones it's great.
    also thank's to plcd he made it easier to do this for people who
    are not computer savy.
    thank's guys.

18. benex

benex Member

sorry for the typo.
    thank's to plcdaq.

19. mayron

mayron Member

That's it! I was working for days trying just about everything earlier in this thread, but the Verizon software on a pink RAZR V3m my wife got earlier this month fought me every step of the way. Your explanation on top of Darksatan's instructions did the trick! Thanks.

20. niceum

niceum Member

First, someone JUST tell me this is impossible:
    Record a sound manually (record new) and set it as a ringtone.
    Ex.: Record the Sportscenter theme off the TV.

Someone please tell me I can't just do that, so I stop trying to do it.
    I cannot find a way to set it as a ringtone.
    My phone is 4 days old. My gf's phone is 9 months old and she can do this. My menus are different, so I'm guessing I have the V3m to her V3C (or something).

If this cheaper than cheap way of having a ringtone is not impossible, SOMEONE TELL ME HOW TO MAKE a recording a ringtone. If it is, in fact, impossible, I have no basis where to start.

From what I've read (first 10 pages of this thread) I need:
    1. a mini usb cable
    2. a Transflash card, also known as a Micro SD Card (???). How big should it be?

Do I need anything else?

How much should I pay for:
    -USB cable
    -Transflash Micro SD Card

Can I get these at freakin' Wal-Mart, cause that's all I got (or Radio Shack for too much $$ I'm sure).