1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

re-encoded dvd won't work with stand alone dvd player

Discussion in 'Video to DVD' started by clemente, Jan 22, 2005.

1. clemente

clemente Guest

I re-encoded an avi movie with dvd santa and then burned it with nero 6.6 .It works with my pc and mac but not in my standalone player??????????????
    I am using verbatim dvd-r media which have worked fine when using dvd shrink and burning with nero.
    Also one film that didn't work from dvd santa/nero combo did work when i burned it on roxio toast titanium on my mac , but that was only the once????
    confused

2. larrylje

larrylje Active member

have you tried using Nerovision express that comes with Nero 6.6 to burn your AVI files to a DVD-VIDEO? Iv used it and have had no trouble with playback.

3. clemente

clemente Guest

.yes, i tried that yesterday with a different file and it still didn't work???Although i have only just acquired nerovision and may have done somthing wrong!!!!Also sometimes a disc doesn't work the first time i put it in the dvd player.But if i try it in the pc and mac first then go back to the dvd player it works fine????????Whats that all about?
    Thanks for your reply
    still a little confused