1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Recommended Routers

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by LMH16, Mar 11, 2007.

1. LMH16

LMH16 Member

Hi,

I was just wondering if anybody has any suggestions to which wireless modem router to buy. I don't really know much about them so I was seeing if anyone could advise me which is a good model. I know that it has to be a DSL or ADSL (I'm not sure) modem router and I would want to connect my PC, laptop, Xbox 360, DS and my PSP all to it but would they all be compatible with the one model. My ISP is AOL and I heard that the Netgear model wouldn't work with it so I'm sure about them.

Thank You for your advice.

2. LMH16

LMH16 Member

Sorry I also forgot that it has to be compatible with Windows Vista Home Premium as I will be getting this when I get a router.

3. SkyLynx

SkyLynx Member

I would go with either Linksys or D-Link. I've used them both and have nothing but compliments for both.

Also, the compatibility issue is a non-starter. As long as all of the devices that you've listed conform to the IEEE network standards, then you shouldn't have a problem.

They do conform in case you were wondering.

4. Dunker

Dunker Regular member

I'd go with D-link only. Lots of other makes have problems with high WAN speeds, especially as ISPs incrementally upgrade their bandwidth. It's more of a problem on Linksys and Netgear wired routers, but manufacturers tend to reuse basic hardware components.

Oh, and seriously re-think the Vista thing. Even if you have to throw XP Pro onto a new machine, avoid Vista at all costs.

5. J0hnnyga

J0hnnyga Regular member

i use a d-link DGL-4300 and havnt had one complaint yet its very good check it out, it also won some award on newegg.com i think

6. GrandpaBW

GrandpaBW Active member

Most definitely a Linksys.

7. elokito

elokito Regular member

linksys