1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recording from another dvd player

Discussion in 'DVD recorders' started by zonedogg, Jan 8, 2007.

1. zonedogg

zonedogg Member

ok i just got this mwr10d6 by magnavox but i cant seem to figure it out how do i hook up a dvd player to it to record ? im usually pretty good with these things but i dunno , im trying to record jackass 2 the movie can someone tell me what im doing wrong. i got the 1st dvd players output hooked up to this units input on the rear and the recorders out put hooked up to the input on my tv i press play on the 1st dvd player and record on the mwr10d6 it says record but no display on my tv... is there something i am missing here? any help is greatly appreciated
    J.D.

2. JVC

JVC Active member

You can't copy a dvd that way!
    The [bold]ONLY[/bold] way to copy a dvd, is with a computer...........

The only exception being............you might be able to copy a copy of a dvd that way, since the copy protection would be removed, before trying it.

3. zonedogg

zonedogg Member

ok thanks alot i took the machine back to walmart anyway, what good is a dvd recorder if it dont record dvds? anyways im much happier with the beer and fishing supplies i bought with the refunded money :)
    i would discourage anyone from buying that product by the way save your money !!

4. JVC

JVC Active member

They record fine. They just won't copy a dvd..........
    You was trying to do something with it, that it wasn't meant to do. It's for copying home movies, from vhs tapes, to dvd, and recording from tv.