1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

recording vcd

Discussion in 'MPEG-1 and MPEG-2 encoding (AVI to DVD)' started by virtual, Aug 6, 2002.

1. virtual

virtual Member

Ok, to most of you this is probably dumb, but since I am just starting,I need to ask.
    I want to make VCDs
    I converted my own videos taken with my digital camera in mpeg1 (plays fine on the computer) but when I tried to play on my DVD player it showed all the differnt clips (rather than just one file, as it shows on my computer) and could not even play them all (actually most were skipped).
    I then burned a new CD with some mpeg1 short movies I had downloaded from the net(again, they play fine on my computer), but did not play at all on my DVD.
    It seems that it cannot read the format.
    Is the VCD format different than the regular mpeg1? Is there another conversion I need to make? If so, where do I get the software? Or is my DVD player the problem? Or maybe it is because I put more than just one movie on each CD?
    Thank you.

2. virtual

virtual Member

One more thing. I read on a web site that some DVD players have troubles with CD written at high speed, and they suggest 4X. Could this be the problem? My CD writer software only allows me 16X and 24X as write speed, anything I can do to change that?