1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Registry key to turn off sp2's firewall link

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by Arnold2, Nov 9, 2004.

1. Arnold2

Arnold2 Regular member

Registry key to turn off sp2's firewall

http://answers.google.com/answers/threadview?id=422503

had to share this.

The instructions are not detailed, do you add the key or edit the existing key? I didn't have the key in my redistry. anyone know? do you add the statement to the config? I really am sick to death of sp2's firewall. Want to keep the other nice things about sp2 like video for one. Thanks Arnold2

Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

go to advance features on your lan card & you can disable it there according to a friend. here is what he wrote me "go to network icon in the bottom right hand corner
    open network connection
    3 labels on the top go to advvanced
    you will see the windows firewall label
    open up settings and then you will see a red shield with a white x
    click the square with a check mark click Ok and the firewall is off"

Last edited: Nov 9, 2004
  3. Arnold2

Arnold2 Regular member

did that, have PcCillin like always now for a couple of years. Maybe that is corrupt. Thank you
    can not download avg ... LOL it is a exe file.

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

try using the old hd as c:, download avg but not install it but copy it to present drive & install it

5. Arnold2

Arnold2 Regular member

Plugged in the other HD ran the Direcway satellite connection program ( latest one ) Can not download exe files. (can you believe that spit.) It was not on auto update so psd of MS for no reason guess they are used to it buy now. oh well

It has to be the Direcway program some how. dial up will, satellite wont.

I found another person with the same problem. Direcway satellite user. hummm maybe getting close to catching the culprit. Direcway guru site said to do something in security user per-something close to the bottom of the list. Did that and could not even surf. There has got to be a simple explanation. What if it happens again after getting another HD all set up.
    It takes me a month of Sundays to get software set up working again.

Reminds me of the break out game, get clobbered go back, almost to the end get it again go back. only that does not take a month of Sundays

I turned the sp2 firewall off as soon as it was installed. Had no problem till last week when I came here having my pity party. lol

Have to find out what is going on. Help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks Arnold2