1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Remove voice over from dvd

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by ohmss, Jan 27, 2007.

1. ohmss

ohmss Regular member

Hi all,

I'm sorry if this is a stupid question but is it possible to remove foreign voice overs from a dvd??

I bought a magazine from abroad and it contained a dvd with it
    (The Saint) but had Polish voice over. I was wondering if there was any software what I could use which could remove that and then have it in English??

Thanks all

2. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

you might not have to convert your DVD to take out the audio...... try and see if the audio channel can be switched to the audio you want! It might have 3 or so audio channels, including a directors cut audio..... so if you keep hitting the audio channel button on your remote or DVD player you might get the correct audio you want! good luck.

3. ohmss

ohmss Regular member

Hi Ihoe,

Thanks for the advise, unfortunately that didn't work. Its not the end of the world as the dvd itself only costs a few dollars so I could buy an original English version. I was just curious if it could be done with any software. Cheers

4. nickberry

nickberry Regular member

It may be a bit long winded but DVDShrink allows you to remove audio tracks from DVDs when it re-encodes them (the main use being to remove unwanted foriegn audio tracks to allow further space reduction). Read through the guides on this site for more info!

5. ohmss

ohmss Regular member

Thanks nickberry, I'll try that

6. IHoe

IHoe Senior member

if using your AUDIO button on the DVDplayer or the remote didn't change or solve your problem then there is only that audio channel that you DON'T want and trying to change audio channels in Shrink is mute! they don't exist if you can't change them while watching! so Shrink will not solve this problem either!

Last edited: Jan 29, 2007
  7. ohmss

ohmss Regular member

That didn't work with Shrink just like you said Ihoe. Nevermind, it was only to see if it was possible to do such a thing, movies pretty crappy anyway