1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Repair damaged Mp3 files

Discussion in 'Audio' started by spudsrule, Feb 20, 2005.

1. spudsrule

spudsrule Member

I have a few MP3 files which sound like they are playing in fast forward, so I'm thinking the header information on the frequency sample rate is set incorrectly. Is there a way to fix files like this? If its not the frequendy what else might it be?

Thanks for the help

2. Woz

Woz Regular member

Hi,
    Im not sure if this is the same thing you are on about, but does half the track play ok and then the remainder just seems to sound like the chipmunks/fast forward/scrambled sound?

If so, I think its the music industry uploading the dodgy files. I think they think that if you download these files you will get fed up and wont want to download anymore. I dont know of any software that can correct this. Are you using P2P software?

Hope this helps a bit.

Woz

3. Woz

Woz Regular member

Sorry double post.

Last edited: Feb 23, 2005
  4. diabolos

diabolos Guest

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 23, 2005
  5. spudsrule

spudsrule Member

I don't think these are bogus files from a P2P download, although Chipmunks is a good description for what I am hearing, but it’s the entire file.

In looking into what may have happened I believe the error occurred during a batch normalization of the volume via music match or media jukebox, don’t recall which. I had run the normalization before placing them on my portable MP3 player. I did find some of the original files on my MP3 CD disks in the car but not all of them.