1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Restoring xbox HD to retail state

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by kenji776, Jan 12, 2005.

1. kenji776

kenji776 Guest

I need to know how to get my xbox hard drive back to retail state. I tried to softmod and it went wrong, i need to reformat it.

2. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

You can use the hotswap trick to connect your xbox hdd to your PC and rebuild your hdd using xboxhdm.

3. punqewe

punqewe Active member

Slayers 2.6

4. kenji776

kenji776 Guest

Do you have a link to how to do the hotswap trick? Why is it neccassary to hotswap? Also I tried slayers, but either you have to have a mod chip to run it, or else my xbox is to old/screwed up to run it, because I tried to put slayers on a dvd and run it in my xbox and no luck. Thanks for the help!

5. djboogie

djboogie Regular member

punqewe is right
    the easiest way is with one of the many auto installers avaialable its real easy that way

Last edited: Jan 13, 2005
  6. kakeakeai

kakeakeai Regular member

you have to hotswap because the hard drive is locked. your computer wont be able to use it. so unplug your dvd drive from the xbox just 1 cable will work. now turn it on. you should get an error screen. now unplug the ribbon cable from the hard drive leaving the power cable still attached. plug it into your computer and power it on. get your pc to work with it. now you can alter the stuff on it.

7. sjchu

sjchu Regular member

Since you are softmodding, there is no way to boot Slayer disk on your xbox. Slayer does not run on PC. That is why hotswap is needed. and that is why xboxhdm is needed.