1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Return of the King extended edition Back up problems

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by crimey617, Jan 17, 2005.

1. crimey617

crimey617 Guest

I'm having trouble backing up the Return of the King Extended edition. I tried using DVD Shrink and DVD Decryptor and the burn failed. I then tried using DVD Shrink and NERO and it failed again. I tried burning at 4 X with my NEC 2100AD burner using Sony media. Does anyone know what the problem could be? I am having the same problem with other movies as well. I tried following Scuba Petes guides to the letter but I still have problems. People had mentioned that it could be a Firmware problem but I can't find a Firmware upgrade with the manufacturer. NEC says that they don't offer Firmware updates for burners purchased OEM through Dell. I don;t know what else to try. HELP!

2. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

3. crimey617

crimey617 Guest

Thanks! I'll give it a try and check back

4. crimey617

crimey617 Guest

Ok. Iattempted to update the Firmware but it would not work. I got the "Target NECXXXX is not found correctly" error and could not complete the update. Any other suggestions?

5. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Check with Dell and see if they offer the firmware on there site?

6. crimey617

crimey617 Guest

I checked with Dell and I'm waiting for an email response. Just a thought, but would having Itunes installed on my machine cause any conflicts with the other burning software since it also has its own CD and DVD burning drivers?

7. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

Could be.. Its very possible. Why not try burning the DVD with that program and see what happens?

8. crimey617

crimey617 Guest

I manged to Flash my drive with the firmware update from Dell. It's still tempramental. I have successful burns about 75% of the time. I'm not sure what else to do....

9. Weirdo007

Weirdo007 Regular member

What version of Decrypter are you using?

10. swervin

swervin Regular member

Try a different brand of disks. I highly recommend Maxell -R's. It seems to me that when folks are having burning problems and everything is supposed to be right with everything else in their system, the media is the culprit.

Mike

11. crimey617

crimey617 Guest

I'm using the latest version available on this website. I have used Sony, Fuji, Memorex, Verbatim and Phillips brand media. The only brand that has worked consistently for me is Phillips.