1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Riddick

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by backyboy, Aug 18, 2004.

1. backyboy

backyboy Member

Anyone had the message "this game must be played from the original disk" message when trying to back up "The Chronicals of Riddick" to the hard drive. I tried to back up with dvd2xbox 5.5. I know you are all going to say "use the newer version" Well, if someone would be kind enough to send me a link to a newer version, then I will use it............

Any help or info appreciated

2. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Hmm that's weird, I used Dvd2Xbox 4.8 and the game worked fine off the HDD. Any chance you tried to get online with the game?

3. backyboy

backyboy Member

Nah

Not that stupid : ). Backed it up to dvd-r and it worked fine though. Did have to clean original disk as it was a bit skippy on the dvd intro. Might try it again now the disk is clean but would nt of thought that would bring up that message, normaly it just comes up with the old annoying" disk is dirty blah blah blah"

4. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

If you have the Thomson DVD-drive version Xbox, I wouldn't recommend playing the backup games off the discs. Thomson sucks at that. Get a really big HDD and replace the original HDD with it then just save games on there. Also, check if you are using outdated softwares. Latest bios is X2 4983, Evox dash 3935.

5. L33

L33 Member

If you have the newest version of DVD2XBOX then you'll need the ACL file from the DVD2XBOX site (see xbox-scene.com).

You simply drop this file into the ACL folder in the DVD2XBOX folder then try backing-up the game again to your HD.

It's a wicked game! One of the best FPS I've played in a long time.

Lee

6. backyboy

backyboy Member

ok

Ive got the new version of dvd2xbox and got the acl file for riddick, but...... its in a text file. How do I convert this into an acl file???????????

Also I would like to instal the newer version of evox onto my xbox, how can I do this???

Any help appreciated

Cheers

7. backyboy

backyboy Member

Right, I got the acl file to work. Dead easy : >

However still need to update the evox and the bios.

Anyone who can help, a little info, maybe some do s and don'ts, would be great.

Cheers#