1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

ripping vs. Anaconda04 vs. viper chip mod

Discussion in 'Nintendo Gamecube - General discussion' started by mr-cube, Mar 13, 2005.

1. mr-cube

mr-cube Member

Hello every one this is my first post,

I want to be able to back up my gc games. However I don't know what medthod to use.

I know alot about ripping games.

I don't know alot about the viper chip mod or Anaconda04 or what ever.

Could you explain the differences between these and whitch on it the best method.

Thank you in advance.

2. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

with anaconda, pso, and whatever else (I've never used the method) you always have to have your computer on and compatibility isn't great from what I've heard.

with viper, you don't need your computer on and compatibility is very good if you have a dol-001 revision gamecube (you can find the # on the bottom of the cube).

you can rip games with both setups if you have the bba.

overall, like I said I haven't used the anaconda method, but from what i've heard about it, viper is much better and it's only $57 at http://www.divineo.com/ At least is was when I got it there a couple weeks ago.

3. indienemo

indienemo Guest

Definately go for the Viper GC method.... but wait a couple of weeks first, there are a few new GC chips coming out and this will push the price right down... ;)

4. mr-cube

mr-cube Member

5. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

that's the old streaming method. now you can use pso to play backups on discs. it probably explains it later on in that thread.

viper is a modchip that uses a swap method to boot backups. it higher compatibility and doesn't need your pc on to boot backups.

if you can solder a few tiny wires on very tiny points on a circuit board, or know someone that can, get the viper. but like indienemo said, the prices should drop soon so you should wait about a month before you get it.

6. mr-cube

mr-cube Member

ok thank you clearing that
    so,

anaconda04 is the same as old streaming method but you put the images on discs instaed of the computers hardrive.

I will look into the viper mod only thing is I will need to buy a DVD-burner :(

Any proggress on a way to stream at 100 mbits/per second?

Thank you,

7. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

You're asking the wrong guy about streaming since I've never done. Just read through some of the newer pages on the thread you posted on backup/booting. You should find it there.

Get a dvd burner. My sony dru-710a was only like $70 and it's rated #1 on a lot of sites. and discs (good ritek GO4's) are only about $.36 each now if you buy in bulk.

8. gulliver

gulliver Regular member

oh, and if you're streaming games, then the first method listed on that thread is the right way.

9. mr-cube

mr-cube Member

ok thanks man
    then i'll probly go with the viper when it get a little bit cheaper.