1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ripping with Nero 6 - Please help a newbie

Discussion in 'Video - Software discussion' started by djword, Sep 12, 2004.

1. djword

djword Guest

I succesfully ripped a cd a few times, but I kept tweaking the settings to get better sound quality i.e. higher bit rates, on the third attempt I received this message:
    [bold]"error reading. disc may be corrupt"[bold]

Now I can't rip this cd anymore. The CD plays fine on two different CD players on my PC and I have used different media players etc. Every track now gets the same error.

What is my naive uninformed self doing wrong?

All and any help will be greatly appreciated!

2. djword

djword Guest

Update, every CD I try to rip says it can't be "read" disc maybe "corupt". I am completely lost now. Two CD players and 10 different CD's, I can't believe it's a CD or Hardware issue. I think it's a software issue.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

3. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

I would recommend using the Nero Clean Tool from Nero's website to uninstall your software, and then do a fresh install and see if this addresses your issue.

Regards,

Craig

4. djword

djword Guest

Craig, thanks for responding. I figured out the issue after reading the fine print. The issue is that you only get to rip 30 tracks regardless of which Nero version you purchase. I own the Enterprise edition and I assumed that I didn't have to purchase an mp3PRO license, but even with the Enterprise edition you have to purchase a seperate license from mp3PRO. My only complaint is that the error message stated that I had a software configuration or hardware error, at least leading me to believe that, instead of telling me to purchase a license. Definately a design flaw in my book.

5. ccampbell

ccampbell Regular member

If you have the Nero 6 Ultra Edition Retail bundle, then you do get unlimited MP3Lame encoding. Which is a very good encoder for creating MP3 audio files.

But for the mp3Pro/MP3 using the Fraun. encoder is limited to 30 conversion, after which you need to purchase a license.

But we do need to work on the warning message window, obviously. :)

Regards,

Craig