1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

router blocked

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by themusic, Mar 16, 2005.

1. themusic

themusic Member

hi i was messing about with the admin settings on the router we all use, and i blocked myself, the thing is i cant access the router to delete the block if i try on any other machine it says duplicate admin or something along them lines.

2. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

check in manual for reset button that MIGHT solve your problem

3. themusic

themusic Member

.... the reset button is within the 192.168.1.1 not on the router itself :(

4. ddp

ddp Moderator Staff Member

what make is the router & did you check the router manufacturer faq site??

5. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Have you tried just pulling the power from it and rebooting, cos normally if you make changes but do not save them, then a cold boot normally loads up the previous configuration.

Normally you would type in 192.168.1.1 in your browser and it should goto the admin screen, enter password and name and you should be able to access the settings.

If you have disabled the DHCP on the router (by accident) then you will have to go into your netwrok settings on a pc, and set that up to 192.168.1.2-254 and you should be able to comms to it.

You may have blocked your MAC addresses or removed your IP addresses form the allow lists, disabled the DHCP etc so if ALL the PC's are locked out from it, then do as ddp suggested as there should be a hardware reset button located on the unit somewhere............