1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

??'s w/ burning with RecordNow

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by killjoke, Dec 22, 2004.

1. killjoke

killjoke Member

i just recently set up a new computer...i have dvd decrypter, dvd shrink and RecordNow! vers. 7.3.

i am completely lost in terms of using RecordNow, i have the dvd ripped but not sure how to go about burning it...any suggestions would be appreciated...

J

2. fasfrank

fasfrank Active member

You don't need RecordNow. You can rip and burn your movie with just Shrink and Decrypter. ScubaPete has a guide for this posted at my site you can read.

http://www.dvdplusvideo.com/tutorial007.html

This is one of the easiest ways to copy DVDs.

As far as burning with RecordNow, it is usually a matter of adding the ripped folder to a compilation, choosing your recorder and then hitting the burn button. I had that on my first computer and never did use it though.

Cheers,
    Frank

3. baabaa

baabaa Active member

Hee Hee, Fasfrank how's skynet?
    Any news on the day yet for the apocolypse?LOL

Simple..................

Make sure your finished authored file set is within a folder named VIDEO_TS (in capitals).

Then:
    Open Recordnow
    Click on the Data icon
    Insert Dvd
    Add your VIDEO_TS folder
    Name the Volume (name of your movie)
    Click burn.

As Fasfrank stated though, with dvd decrypter and dvd shrink you can accomplish a complete backup.

You definately require to read up a little on using dvd shrink, as just by ripping a dvd, does not necessarily leave you with a fully usuable file set.
    Letting dvd shrink 'author' the file set for you will leave you with fully compliant dvd video files, that most burning programs can then burn to dvd.

Have fun y'all.........................

Last edited: Dec 22, 2004
  4. killjoke

killjoke Member

thanks for the info, i've got it down pretty good now.