1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Samsung sdc 6040

Discussion in 'Digital camcorders' started by r8edxxx, Apr 5, 2005.

1. r8edxxx

r8edxxx Member

What do you guys think of this duocam. I have been reading about it on the internet and am considering purchasing it. Where would I get the best price. Thanks!

2. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

As a videocamera it is reasonable, however a 1/6 inch CCD with 680k pixels will have its limitations, specially under low light conditions.

3. r8edxxx

r8edxxx Member

Which camcorders would you recommend within the same price range.

4. TPFKAS

TPFKAS Regular member

It his hardly possible to give goode advice becasue different factors will have different weights for different people.
    It is more a matter of comparing the factors that you think are most important to you between different models.
    Here's an article that can help you what factors to look at:
    http://www.digitalvideoclub.com/basics/camcorder.php

5. jazman

jazman Guest

I have that cam and i think it's great. As far as low light there are 2 ways to get a fair pix. 1 is to use the nite pix mode but you loose color. The other is to manual set the exposer with the button right nest to the nite pix mode button. As far as the camara 4.1 Meg Pix I have made pixs as big as 8x10 with no problems. (No i don't work for Samsung lol )