1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Sansui VRDVD4005

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by brett_63, Mar 21, 2005.

1. brett_63

brett_63 Member

I have copied tapes of family events on to dvd-r's and -rw's and they play great on this machine. My problem is that we can't play them on any other dvd player. What am I doing wrong? the recorder says it can record in VR mode or Video mode. I have finalized and am wondering if it's the recoder on the other players I have. Can anyone tell me what player I should be looking for to view my copies?

brett_63

2. Jerry746

Jerry746 Senior member

This is just a guess but it could be media compatibility issue. Some players play only +R some only -R and the newer ones play both formats. I would check the specs on your players first to see what they play.

Jerry

3. brett_63

brett_63 Member

thanks, I'm hoping that it something so simple and not my more expensive recorder. So you don't think the vr mode and video mode shouldn't matter? The recorder only does -r and -rw's so I'll go shopping. I can always take it back.

4. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

Most dvd players wont play discs recorded in the vr mode, you have to convert it to video mode, so you can play it in your standalones.
    I hear nero visionexpress will do this,I use ulead dvd movie factory.

5. jim_dandy

jim_dandy Active member

My dvd recorder will record, in both vr, or video mode. But only in the vr mode, do you have all the nice editing features.I make my recordings in the vr mode, using dvdrw's, then do my editing, and then convert it on my computer, to video mode using ulead,and then burn it onto a regular dvd.

6. bbmayo

bbmayo Active member

JimDandy is correct again :)

You have to record in video mode to be able to watch those DVD's on other DVD players. You said you can record in either mode so you should be recording in video mode if you want to watch them in other players. VR mode is designed so that you can edit your recorded shows something you can't do in video mode. :)