1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Santa Claus 3 Not Playing

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by GolubSux, Dec 19, 2007.

1. GolubSux

GolubSux Member

I backed up The Santa Claus 3 just fine with AnyDVD and Clone, but when it get to the play screen after I hit play all it does is go black screen and then come back to the play menu again. Any ideas how to fix.
    Thank you

2. bilbo65

bilbo65 Regular member

Recopy your original and insure the appropriate selections are made in CloneDVD for the type of copy you are making. Once burned, you can not correct errors on that disc.

3. ZoSoIV

ZoSoIV Active member

also make sure you using good quality media like TY or Verbatim and keep your burn speed between 4x and 8x, no faster, thats helps playback tons

4. 7thsinger

7thsinger Regular member

Just to add the good advice here, don't multitask while burning.

5. philzone

philzone Regular member

bunk ifos... clone dvd is dirty

6. GolubSux

GolubSux Member

not to sound too stupid but what does that mean?
    i have the latest version of anydvd and clonedvd.

7. philzone

philzone Regular member

ifos are the files your dvd player uses to know what to do when you say, press the "menu" button, or select anything really. lets say you select "alternate ending" in your dvd menu. the ifo directs the player to play vts06.vob(or whatever). the bups are backups of said files. when you use a program like clonedvd, and alter the structure of the dvd(like remove extras or whatever), it patches the ifos to to conform to your changes.(as opposed to reauthoring the entire dvd) sometimes, it just doesnt work right. this(and the loss of quality) is why i refuse to use these "recoding" softwares. i suggest using dvdrb pro. using it a couple years now with no issues(cce mode). its not free, but its only like 20 or $30 us. its well worth it tho. NO quality loss, and no bunk ifos...