1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saving my PC game before disc cracks too much

Discussion in 'All other topics' started by J.Price, Jun 4, 2003.

1. J.Price

J.Price Member

My AOM game has developped a crack at the center of the disc. Is there a way to save it to my HD without and then transfer it to another disc. I looked at some other forums but they seemed to be speaking about PS2 games and such. Do I need to make sure certains things get copied or not copied. Any insight would be helpful. Thank you.

2. ioneabee

ioneabee Member

I'm not familiar with your game, however, simply copying it to your hard drive or even to another cd won't help much. Most games are now protected by various devious methods and unless someone somewhere has produced a crack for it, you may be able to copy it and even install from it - but when it comes time to play the game, it will ask for the original disk - apparently there is some data that just won't copy across.
    So basically you need to get a new original disk - try the manufacturers (sometimes they will replace if you can show the original)

3. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

is this a PC game? what game is it? try gamecopyworld.com they have lots of no-cd patches for games that let you play without the disc. helps out alot for saving wear and tear on your discs.

4. chriso123

chriso123 Regular member

No talk of illegal cracks/patches on this forum.

Back to the point, most protected games can be copied (some more easily than others). Just make sure to use the lowest reading speed on that disk so further damage doesn't occur.

5. ioneabee

ioneabee Member

I object most strongly to the implication !!!!
    The use of these "cracks" as you call them are down to users own ethics and morals - I personally use a no cd "crack" on games I have legitimately purchased for the very reason the original post was made - so don't presume to make accusations that you can not substantiate!!

6. darthnip

darthnip Moderator Staff Member

I am well aware of the rules of this forum and if a nocd patch will save someones disc, i will direct them to a legit site where they can get one. no cd patches have saved many of my games from lethal wear and tear. as long as someone is talking about a disc they own, i dont see where a free, easily obtainable patch hurts anything. If dex or dRD says otherwise, no problem, but since I've never seen anything said about nocd patches, and it's for someone with a retail game and not something pirated, i dont see where there is anything wrong with my post.

7. Chelica

Chelica Member

To save your cracked CD, just make a backup of it. Use this program called Clone CD. It makes perfect backups so that you can save your $50 dollars. I used the same program to backup my Age of Mythology.