1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Saw DVD Playback Problems

Discussion in 'Video playback problems' started by jslope, Feb 23, 2005.

1. jslope

jslope Member

I just backed up Saw a week or so ago, and it works perfectly fine in my dvd player, but when I take it to friends houses, it doesn't seem to want to play right. It plays, but about 3/4 of the way through, it starts skipping around really bad, and it just doesn't seem to want to work right. I used the same disks as before, and other movies worked fine in them. I've tried to make another copy off the original disk, and i've also tried making a copy off the file that was left on my computer. If anyone else has had issues like this please help me out.

I have a Lite-on SOHW-1213s using DVD Shrink to burn with.

2. T3RR0R

T3RR0R Member

I have the same problem; well sort of. My back-up will only work in my newer DVD player. My older Mitsubishi player does not like this movie.

The ironic thing is that it plays other back-ups using the same media just fine.

3. slacker1

slacker1 Member

I have had the same problem with saw and I hart huckabees using clone dvd is that what you guys have used?

4. Randy43sm

Randy43sm Member

I have made 3 backups with 2 different disks of saw. None of them play all the way through on my DVD player. Theres got to be some coding in the disk's to do something like this on so many. Any one got any help?

5. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Dvd Decrypter with Dvd Shrink made a perfect copy for me. I use Philips dvd+r 4x max discs.

6. T3RR0R

T3RR0R Member

I used CloneDVD 2 to make a back-up copy of the original I purchased. I am starting to think that maybe only slightly older DVD players with back-up copies of newer DVD releases are susceptible to this.

dragulaAC mentioned using DVD Decryptor with DVD Shrink...is there a guide somewhere showing somebody how to use these two together? Will somebody please post a link?

7. madgreek

madgreek Guest

I have an older jvc and it worked fine for me.

8. dragulaAC

dragulaAC Active member

Basically what i do is: just read the .iso onto your hdd with decrypter. Then, open the image in 'Dvd Shrink'. Now you can take out subtitles, other languages and such now. Then, click on the 'Analyze' button, let it do it's thing for a few minutes, then click on the 'backup' button and this one takes a while. Once it creates the new .iso file, i then burn it to dvdr with decrypter.

9. nohelpme

nohelpme Regular member

Run anydvd in the backround with shrink. That is the easiest way