1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Scanner Installation Problems

Discussion in 'PC hardware help' started by hoganrulz, Nov 21, 2007.

1. hoganrulz

hoganrulz Member

This is the problem,
    The computer says that the scanner in installed yet in the add/remove programs it isnt there it also isnt there in the program files folder, but its there in the device manager, sos i unistall it from the device manager and put in the USB to the scanner so the found new hardware wizard comes up, it comes up and immediately installs by itself, the problem does not fix, anyone know how to sort it fom installing by itself?

2. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

Your scanner is installed, but it won't show up in a programs list, because it's a piece of hardware, it isn't a program. You will need to get some software for it.

3. hoganrulz

hoganrulz Member

Yes, I have downloaded a driver for it, on the instructions for installing the scanner it says that once you plug in the scanner the hardware wizard should pop up and let you choose what directory you specificaly want the computer to search, but for me when I plug in the scanner the hardware wizard says it has installed but it hasnt becasue the software its meant to install (canoscan)isnt in the program files folder

4. sammorris

sammorris Senior member

The Hardware installation wizard should never put anything in the C:/Program files folder. That will only happen if there is accompanying software. All the browse to box for installing hardware does is let you select a specific inf file to install a specific driver.