1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

screen completely black and can't do anything on my laptop

Discussion in 'Windows - General discussion' started by speedemon, Apr 17, 2007.

1. speedemon

speedemon Member

Well i figured i should start off with the beginning of how it all happened.

I had both windows and linux installed on my laptop. At one point i was running critically low on disk space on my C drive. So i get out my partition manager and move some more space to my C drive. The computer reboots and errors start showing up. Turns out linux wasn't very happy about me moving around empty space, even though i had linux installed in a completely different driver where i didn't even touch.

After a few internet searches i stumble upon a paragon partition manager which was able to boot up correctly and eliminate linux off my pc for good. Just before i move on, by this time windows was half messed up and i needed my original cd to reinstall it. I had to come back to portugal where i had left my cd and try to fix it, turns out that cd was messed up as well as some files were corrupt and so it couldn't install properly.

After a while i remember that this one warez site that i go to had this bootable version of windows xp. Since it would take a bit too long for me to get my hands on another original windows xp cd i figured i'd try to boot up a windows through some usb stick, get all my documents that were still inside the laptop out, and put them in my external drive just in case.

Now all of this would have gone very well if that bootable version actually worked (will pm location of site via pm if it makes any diff when helping me)

i followed the simple set of instructions that the uploader had given, edited my bios to boot from my usb and restarted the pc.

That brings me down to my real current problem.
    Once i restarted the pc the only thing that happened was my screen wen completely black, and now theres nothing i can do on the laptop. I'm beginning to get very desperate at this point as i have no clue what i can possibly do just to restore the screen to something else besides complete darkness

i've also tried to boot with dsl (damn small linux) but nothing happens:(

Last edited: Apr 17, 2007
  2. Indochine

Indochine Regular member

those "messed up files" on your hard drive, CD and so on, were probably signs that your laptop was crapping out.