1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

screwed up dvd drive

Discussion in 'Xbox - General discussion' started by madmiles, Aug 12, 2004.

1. madmiles

madmiles Regular member

i read that if you are getting the dirty disc error a lot and you know it's not the games, then the lens or mirror may be dirty. so i followed the instructions on how to open the dvd drive and clean them, and so then after i put it back together, i got a dirty disc error message right away and it would not even play the disc. i tried many different discs and still got the same. so then i tried opening it back up and cleaning it again, and now it will not even recognize that a disc has been put in. it just sits at the dash. can someone please help?

2. lcarbutt

lcarbutt Regular member

buy a new dvd rom from ebay. If you cant find one there but you live in UK you can get one from

http://www.chipit.co.uk

3. madmiles

madmiles Regular member

well i'd like to be able to fix this one. at least it was working before. i used glass cleaner on a q tip to clean the mirror and lens and canned air. maybe some seeped into the drive? any way i could fix that if that is the problem? i mean, the q tip couldn't have scratched either the lens or mirror could it have?