1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

sega xbox games. please help

Discussion in 'Xbox - Backup discussion' started by spencers, Mar 19, 2005.

1. spencers

spencers Member

how can i play sega games on my xbox?

2. punqewe

punqewe Active member

pretty vague isn't it?

3. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

You mean the old Sega Genesis stuff or the Saturn/DreamCast stuff? There are emulators for Genesis but non for the latter two on Xbox that I know of.

4. spencers

spencers Member

sorry about that. yer i did mean old sega gen. ok lets pretend i was born yesterday. i just got a computer today and an xbox and thats it. lol meaning i know nothing about emulators and how to use them. sorry. how do i make an old genise game play on my xbox. say i want the old sonic game on the xbox. how do i get it there. right lets say im using an emulator called neo-genises. and i have the old sonic rom. is that all i need? and if so how do i put these on a disc for xbox??? thanks for helping. im sorry im a total noob

5. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Yup that's pretty much all you need, an emulator with roms. So let's say you have the emulator called NeoGenesis, which is a folder that contains these other folders called Bios, Emuskins, Roms, an .ini file, and a default.xbe file. So then insert the game roms inside the Roms folder, and I believe the roms have to be in .zip format. Put as many in as you want/have. Now you have 2 options. Either send it on to your Xbox's HDD via FTP or burn it on to a DVD-R.

For FTP, the directory should be something like this: F/Emulators/NeoGenesis.

For DVD-R, you will need Craxtion4 (or Qwix) to convert the NeoGenesis folder in to an ISO. Once converted, you can use whatever burning program you have and burn it.

6. punqewe

punqewe Active member

there is one for sega cd and i think there is one for saturn,but i dunno how reliable it is.

7. spencers

spencers Member

thanks guys. like i say im totaly dumb whene it comes to these things. but thanks guys. now dont h8 me lol but what does converting mean. is that whene you make an image out of what you have? so its ready to burn? and one more thing say i have neo genesis or whatever, a loading screen comes up right, and says something like choose your game. it has a back ground and everything. is ther any way that i can just copy the game to disk and be able to play it like that. just like i have put the game into a sega genisis. just to stick in the xbox and it starts playing and the first thing it comes up is the name of the game and starts playing. sorry if i keep going over and over again. im trying to explain. sorry you guys. any ways thanks for the help from be for and can you help me with this plz.

8. jayquik03

jayquik03 Regular member

Can we get some more info on the cd and saturn I didtn know of these I have nintendo super nintendo genesis playstation mame gameboy advanced and color but I would be much apriciated if I can find out about saturn and cd I have many games for these ready to play :-D thanks

9. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

I don't know about the Saturn one, but I believe the NeoGenesis is a Sega Genesis/Megadrive/32X/SegaCD/MegaCD Emulator for XBox.

10. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

@spencers: You can make an emulator disc just as simple as following the steps. First check to see what is in your NeoGenesis folder. It should have the following:

- Bios folder
    - Emuskins folder
    - Sgenroms folder <---- roms go in here and should be in .zip format.
    - .ini file
    - default.xbe file
    - some .txt files

So then run Craxtion4, choose make ISO, choose NeoGenesis folder, OK, then find a place for your output ISO. Once done, run DVD Decrypter, find the ISO and burn.

11. spencers

spencers Member

thats the thing though. you have givan me a realy good understanding of how to set the emulator up, and i m realy greatfull for that. you have no idea, its taken me some months to try understand these things. i guess i was just looking at it the wrong way.

but its the whole ....... (Craxtion4) is that like nero? (ISO) i dont know what this is. is that what it makes the whole file typ into. choose NeoGenesis folder, OK, then find a place for your output ISO. i dont know what you mean by output iso. Once done, run DVD Decrypter, now do i need a dvd decrypter. coz i dont think i got one of these find the ISO and burn. so do i take the iso back out of the place i put it into? sorry. im confused 8$

12. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Craxtion4 is a program that will make the NeoGenesis folder in to an Xbox image. Xbox images are unique, that only the Xbox can read and no PC drives can. So in order for the emulator disc to boot, it needs to be in Xbox format, that is where Craxtion4 comes in. The output ISO is what Craxtion4 will give you once it's done converting the NeoGenesis folder. Then you can burn it with Nero or whatever, I only mentioned DVD Decrypter because it's the best burning program out there, plus it is free.

13. spencers

spencers Member

right. i think i got it now. it means alot to me that some ones taken the time to help. thank you very much. and im sure everything will go to plan. one more thing though its just i dont want to have to many programs on my computer. on my nero program. i forget what version it is. but it says on a sertan part of the program. DATA / make data disk.. make bootable disk ... make udf disk... make udf/iso. is it posible to just use my nero program to make the iso files. and if so is that what it means whene it says make udf/iso disks. would i just choose that. and would that do the job?

14. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Yeah Nero should work fine, choose the UDF/ISO mode, find the ISO and burn it on a DVD-R. Make sure you don't burn too fast though, 1X-2X if possible. Xbox might have trouble reading the disc if it's burnt too fast.

15. spencers

spencers Member

thank you for all your help. im very sure i got the hang of this now. it will be good to start playing my faviorite games again. but you know there not just games, there memories. thay take me back to the day i first played them. and i thank you for helping me revisit my memories again. thank you

16. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

No problem, glad to see you got everything sorted out. Yeah I too am going retro right now. Playing the old NES and SNES games, I'm a Nintendo person, so many good memories. Super Mario World!! Contra!! Super Metroid!! Donkey Kong Country!! whoaaa... overload...

17. LowBall23

LowBall23 Member

Where do you find
    Bios folder
    Emuskins folder
    .ini file
    default.xbe file
    some .txt files If they dont come with the neo genesis.

18. LowBall23

LowBall23 Member

And do i need a mod chip

19. Achilles3

Achilles3 Guest

Yes you need a mod chip or some kind of mod to use emulators. If you don't have those files I mentioned then you got the wrong one. Go to http://www.eurasia.nu and download it again. You have to sign up for a free account first, then search in the downloads section.

20. joschez

joschez Regular member

Do I have to have the emulator on my F drive on my Xbox or can I just load the xiso burned cd you guys are mentioning?