1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Serious help needed

Discussion in 'DVDR' started by fazi123, Jan 31, 2007.

1. fazi123

fazi123 Guest

all of a sudden my dvd burner from the computer file disappeared and on dvd dycerpter it says for dvd it says no devises detected
    so can someone tell me how to get it back to the my computer and make it work on the dvd dycerpter

thnx alot!!!

2. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

try this uninstall it and restart if it's not fried your os should find it

3. Cornholeo

Cornholeo Member

Try SHUTTING DOWN your PC, don't forget to UNPLUG the power cable and push the power button to dissipate the residual juice. Open the case, and DISCONNECT the RIBBON cable from the burner. Then, reconnect the RIBBON cable, close the case,PLUG the power cable back in, and RESTART your PC. It should recognize your drive. If not...TRY www.newegg.com.(replace your drive) I had an NEC ND3550A that developed the same problem. It will burn CD's...go figure!

4. rbrock

rbrock Regular member

You should unplug the ribbon cable and restart it shut it down plug it back in then restart, the pc will see its not there and when you restart with it pluged it should find the hardware unplug the power and hit the start button each time and make sure you discharge the static from yourself